Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My husband I purchased our Rav D4D around 2 months ago. Its an 04 plate with 100k on the clock.

It has had a labored start from the day we got it and I was wondering if this was normal for the car? Once its going all seems to be well.

Also the garage has fitted a new battery with a lower CCA than the genuine Toyota part. Could this contribute to the problem (if it is one)

The car has cut out twice once started.

Any advice would be greatly received.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Welcome! Just saw your post so the problem may have been sorted out by now. This forum basically is North America - based and no diesel RAVs are or have been sold here although a few of our members are in Europe and other places and have diesel RAVs. You might find more help on a UK - based forum such as: RAV4 Drivers Club ...

Basically, fitting a battery with lower CCAs than the original especially in a diesel vehicle is not a good idea. But the problem which is being experienced especially regarding cutting out most likely has a different cause.

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
Have the battery replaced by the twit at the garage that installed it. More CCA than required would be a smart move if it will fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts