Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Rav4 XLE. It seems like my text messages take forever to start reading now. I heat read when it pops up, and sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds before the car will start to audibly read them. It did it with my iPhone 5S as well as my new 6S.

Anyone else experienced this? Or know of a fix? I don't remember it being this slow when I first got the car.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
What did you have to do to get your messages to display from your iPhones? I have a '15 XLE + iPhone 6 with Entune but can't display my msgs. at all.

Reactions: RobLTD

·
Registered
694 Posts
Blame the phone, not the car. The car infotainment just acts as a "dumb" interface, but "reading" the text message is something that the phone controls, not the car.

In my experience the time it takes to read the messages depends on how "busy" is the phone. For example, when I'm playing music from a flash drive and the phone isn't doing anything, it "reads" the messages in a matter of seconds (3-5). But if the phone is busy running some apps, downloading something, playing music, etc., it takes a while before the phone decides to put other tasks to rest and read the message. Sometimes it can take a minute.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What did you have to do to get your messages to display from your iPhones? I have a '15 XLE + iPhone 6 with Entune but can't display my msgs. at all.
Same here. '15 LTD + iPhone 6 and can't get it to read messages either. In "Phone' mode, it doesn't show my iPhone contacts either on the Toyota display, only favorites and recent calls.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've complained to Toyota about this and they have no resolution. I was told the head unit tries to upload all messages from the phone which makes response very slow. If Toyota had added a feature where only last 10 messages could be loaded it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who has a phone for business that receives multiple messages / emails per day completely overwhelms the head unit. I've found I'm a happier driver with the feature shut off, it's almost useless.

·
Registered
300 Posts

After you successfully pair the phone to Entune - On the iphone go to Settings, Bluetooth, select the blue circle with "I" inside on the right side of screen of Toyota RAV4. Turn on "Show Notifications".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After you successfully pair the phone to Entune - On the iphone go to Settings, Bluetooth, select the blue circle with "I" inside on the right side. Turn on Show Notifications".

Exactly...I remembered there was a 2nd step to turn on the full functionality, but I could not remember what it was specifically. This is exactly what I did.

Well, at least I know I am not the only one having a slow response. I never have anything else running on my phone while I'm driving, and I'm usually pretty good about shutting down all background apps. I thought the message transfer just occurred for the first 30 seconds or so when you turn the car on, and after that, it's done.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Same here. '16 LTD + iPhone 6 and can't get it to read messages either. In "Phone' mode, it doesn't show my iPhone contacts either on the Toyota display, only favorites and recent calls.
Wait -- you have a 2016? Did you post any photos?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts