Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my daughter a 2000 R4 and I was wondering what the small unattached/open nub of a hose is that comes from the firewall under the hood? I am not the most mechanically inclined person and was wondering if this is supposed to be like this?

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Welcome! Didn't complete your profile so we don't know your location - is the "au" in your member name a reference to Australia? It would help if a photo of the part in question could be included.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Hose sticking out of the passenger side firewall, about 2/3rds of the way down is the drain for the air conditioner. Not supposed to be attached to anything....except the air.....:wink

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just bought my daughter a 2000 R4 and I was wondering what the small unattached/open nub of a hose is that comes from the firewall under the hood? I am not the most mechanically inclined person and was wondering if this is supposed to be like this?
For someone claiming to not be mechanically inclined, you're certainly making good choices about the cars you buy. The Rav4 will be an excellent vehicle for your Daughter. This website and its users should be able to save you a ton of money and worry. It would be good for her to join, and get her involved in changing her oil.

It's also a good idea to learn how to change your own tires at home, in the driveway, with Dad helping, so that if the time comes she needs to do it, she can. Having a full sized spare on the back, there is no excuse for calling road side services.

Learn Learn Learn, Together!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts