Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - wondering if someone could offer a suggestion or has run into this....

My 98 RAV4 L has a battery that is considerably narrower than what's prescribed in the manual. Problem is i need to replace the battery. And the plate holding the battery can theoretically hold a standard size battery, but practically its 1/2 inch unused border at the bottom is useless since it has an indentation built in. So only the current narrow size battery will fit in there.

Not sure if i can easily replace the plate either since its bolted to the frame with multiple screws.

Ideas ? Thanks

- anagu

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Welcome to RAV4world.com. I'm mensajero, [which means messenger in Spanish] I see you have a problem with your battery. First of all, the OEM battery and clamps on the RAV4 aren't, lets say adequate. For stock applications, they works. But once you start to install accessories, they starts to show their weaknesses.

So, I went to Interstate.com and asked for their application for my 1997 Toyota RAV4. I installed the MT-35. It is working great and with a ton of accessories. AND, it fits like a glove in the OEM tray. It has a lot more cracking power also. Changing the plate is easy also.

While I was at it, as you can see on your RAV4. The battery clamps are really weak. I installed a set of Gold Plated Battery clamps, price, $10.50. End of problem. http://www.partsexpress.com. Part number 263-610

I hope this helps. 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts