Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE Magnetic-Gray Metallic
40 Posts
I was trying to figure out which would be best start time or departure time. I'm leaning more toward departure time and just setting that at 8:00am. What happens if you have a charging event set but not plugged in? Does it give any error message?

· Registered
321 Posts
I was trying to figure out which would be best start time or departure time. I'm leaning more toward departure time and just setting that at 8:00am. What happens if you have a charging event set but not plugged in? Does it give any error message?
I set mine to start charging at midnight because sometimes I leave for work before 8 am.

I've never seen an error message when the car wasn't plugged in at the scheduled charge start time. I think it just patiently waits for the next charge start time and if it's plugged in at that point, it starts charging.

Note that you can temporarily override the schedule if you want to start charging immediately.

· Registered
321 Posts
A few days ago, charging information for both my EVs (Rav4 and Volt) stopped showing up in the SmartCharge dashboard. Tech support's advice was to reset the device by unplugging/replugging (which will cause all charging data to be lost and therefore cost me money). I pointed out that the trip log data was still being updated, and it was very odd that both devices stopped reporting charging data on exactly the same day - so it's unlikely to be a problem with the devices, and more likely to be a problem on their end. Still, they said reset the devices.

SmartCharge used to worked well for years with the Volt, but lately it's gotten extremely flakey. This is the third problem I've had in 6 months with charging data not getting registered, and every time it has taken days or weeks for them to fix it, costing me aggravation and money.

I'm very unimpressed.

· Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE Magnetic-Gray Metallic
40 Posts
I just got an email from the SmartCharge Program today that said the program is ending December 31st and there will be a new program starting next year.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts