Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Got my RAV4 Hybrid Limited last night - pretty stoked.... that the wife is happy and I get to take over her A6 TDI BUT I DIGRESS :p

Anyway - a couple of questions:

1. I noticed that the seat memory functionality applies only to the seats and not the mirrors... am I missing something or is that how it is?

2. Is there anyway to link keyfobs to seat profiles and/or customization profile? In other words - when I have my key and open the door, the seat automatically moves to my position, and the car knows to unlock all the doors as opposed to when my wife uses her key and it car knows to unlock only her door, etc.

3. Is there a way to have the headlights turn on as you get closer to the car or unlock it using the keyfob?

Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
1. It's seat memory only

2. There are driver profiles available to which phone is setup, but it is only for customization of presets and other features on the audio screen. You can program the doors to open driver or all by pressing the lock and unlock buttons on key fob simultaneously for 5-8 seconds.

3. As you get close to the car, the interior lights will illuminate whether you unlock it with the key fob or not.

Your sales person could also address these features in more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. It's seat memory only

2. There are driver profiles available to which phone is setup, but it is only for customization of presets and other features on the audio screen. You can program the doors to open driver or all by pressing the lock and unlock buttons on key fob simultaneously for 5-8 seconds.

3. As you get close to the car, the interior lights will illuminate whether you unlock it with the key fob or not.

Your sales person could also address these features in more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response. I spent 7 hours at the dealer last night due to buying two cars (not me specifically but I brought a friend and stuck around) and because they screwed up and gave me the wrong car (with nutmeg as opposed to silver interior).

Follow up questions:

1. Bummer :(

2. I do know I can program opening of a single vs. all doors - but I am guessing, based on your answer, that there is no way to assign a different function to an individual keyfob? Meaning - when mine is used - open all doors vs. the wifes' which opens just one door?

3. The interior lights are a nice touch but - I am more looking for the exterior lights... something called "Leaving Home" features. I looked through the manual again and seems like there's only coming home functionality?

Follow up question:

Manual mentions footwell lighting but it looks like I just have blanks installed; is it not a feature for the US?

I know this may sound petty but... consider me spoiled by German cars :p

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,088 Posts
2. Is there anyway to link keyfobs to seat profiles and/or customization profile? In other words - when I have my key and open the door, the seat automatically moves to my position,
Yes, this is possible but not mentioned in the manual. Several other models offer instructions on how to set this feature. Anyway its been posted around here before but I've forgotten how to do it.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
This key fob programming thing is pretty cool. I'm going to try it tomorrow. Curious what happens if both key fobs are in the car, e.g., I'm driving but my wife has hers in her purse. Is there a proximity effect so that the seat moves to the position of the key fob closest to it? Or does having both in the car just confuse the heck out of it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This key fob programming thing is pretty cool. I'm going to try it tomorrow. Curious what happens if both key fobs are in the car, e.g., I'm driving but my wife has hers in her purse. Is there a proximity effect so that the seat moves to the position of the key fob closest to it? Or does having both in the car just confuse the heck out of it?
I think it's whatever is detected first.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Curious what happens if both key fobs are in the car, e.g., I'm driving but my wife has hers in her purse. Is there a proximity effect so that the seat moves to the position of the key fob closest to it? Or does having both in the car just confuse the heck out of it?
From the owners manual:

Recall procedure
Carry the electronic key that has been registered to the driving
position, and then unlock and open the driver’s door using the
smart key system or wireless remote control.
The driving position will move to the recorded position.

If a door other than the driver’s door is unlocked with the smart key system,the driving position cannot be recalled. In this case, press the driving position button which has been set.

In other words, the seats will adjust to the settings recorded for whichever key unlocks the drivers door.If you unlock the passenger door first, to let your wife in, the seats will not move, and you will have to use the interior memory recall to set them to your position..

·
Registered
243 Posts
From the owners manual:

Recall procedure
Carry the electronic key that has been registered to the driving
position, and then unlock and open the driver’s door using the
smart key system or wireless remote control.
The driving position will move to the recorded position.
That makes perfect sense. I apologize that I did not RTFM! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
The instructions for the seat memory recall function with a smart key system do NOT appear in my manual for my 2018 RAV4 Limited Hybrid!! Does anyone know if, for some unknown reason, Toyota removed this function? I have yet to try the old instructions to see it it still works (will do that today).

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The instructions for the seat memory recall function with a smart key system do NOT appear in my manual for my 2018 RAV4 Limited Hybrid!! Does anyone know if, for some unknown reason, Toyota removed this function? I have yet to try the old instructions to see it it still works (will do that today).
The instructions I found for another older model worked in my R4, so you should be good to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The instructions I found for another older model worked in my R4, so you should be good to go.
You are correct!! I had a 2015 RAV4 Limited and recently traded for a 2018 RAV4 Limited Hybrid. The instructions to sync the driver seat position to a key fob is NOT included in the new 2018 vehicle manual but was in the 2015 manual. I tried the old instructions today and it worked. Must be just an oversight by Toyota manual writers that it is left out of the 2018 manual. This is a really nice feature!! My wife and I have very different seat positions and it is so nice to have the seat moving as soon as either of us open the driver's door after the other has been driving!!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
You are correct!! I had a 2015 RAV4 Limited and recently traded for a 2018 RAV4 Limited Hybrid. The instructions to sync the driver seat position to a key fob is NOT included in the new 2018 vehicle manual but was in the 2015 manual. I tried the old instructions today and it worked. Must be just an oversight by Toyota manual writers that it is left out of the 2018 manual. This is a really nice feature!! My wife and I have very different seat positions and it is so nice to have the seat moving as soon as either of us open the driver's door after the other has been driving!!
It was left out of the 2016 and 2017 manuals too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts