Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7-10-16
I have read in this forum that the 2016 hybrid limited individual power seat settings will position automatically to the current driver when his smart key is in use.

I have checked the owner's manual, page 619, for this customization instruction and did not find it.

Also, I understand that the interior lighting can automatically illuminate when the smart key is near the door. Mine does not. I could not find this information in the customization settings.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
archiveman2977

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Jrohland gave specific instruction to do this.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/225569-what-your-favorite-non-obvious-features.html#post2120346
1) Take only one FOB with you. Leave the other one in the house. Let's say, start with FOB #1
2) Close ALL doors
3) Foot on the brake
4) Press the start button
5) Let the car start up normally
6) Press and HOLD the seat memory button, in this case button #1. DO NOT PRESS THE SET button
7) Press the door lock button on the inside of the drivers door. The doors will lock. Keep pressing the door lock button until your hear a beep--about 2 or 3 seconds.
8) The FOB (#1 in this case) it now linked to button #1
9) Move the seat so you can see if it moves when you grab the drivers door

Turn off the car, get out and lock the doors. Wait a few seconds. Grab the drivers door handle and open the door. The seat should be moving into the programmed spot.

If it works, repeat the process for FOB 2 and seat memory 2.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Also, I understand that the interior lighting can automatically illuminate when the smart key is near the door. Mine does not. I could not find this information in the customization settings.

Make sure the personal light switch above the mirror is in the door position, I checked mine to see if it was still working and the lights didn't turn on when approaching the car, the switch apparently got bumped and wasn't quite in the detent for the door position, moved the switch a little and tested and it was working again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Those instructions do work. Now, if I can only get my wife to lock the doors even though the car is in the garage so that I can take advantage of this feature....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7-11-16
You hit the nail on the head. Same situation. The interior lights must be working as I approach the locked car in sunny parking lots, yet, of course, I didn't see them working while unlocked in our dark garage.
Thanks,
archiveman2977

1 - 5 of 5 Posts