Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Take a pic of the board and post it. .it also might have a fcc number on the outside back cover. Does your remote have 3 or 4 buttons.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Looks like you already found your remote in another thread. Just MAKE SURE it has the SAME BOARD Number as yours.

Some will have the right fcc number but a different board.

Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2013 rav4 limited. Need to program a second remote I bought. Do I need a 16pin mvci cable or the 22pin and can I just get any of the mvci cables? Also can I download a good version of tech stream

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I have a 2013 rav4 limited. Need to program a second remote I bought. Do I need a 16pin mvci cable or the 22pin and can I just get any of the mvci cables? Also can I download a good version of tech stream
This will work. Comes with softwares. You can also find them on Amazon if you prefer

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried to have my tech friend program it today with his Snapon ethos pro and we couldn’t get the new key to program. So now I’m resorting to trying to get techstream and cable

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I tried to have my tech friend program it today with his Snapon ethos pro and we couldn’t get the new key to program. So now I’m resorting to trying to get techstream and cable
Looks like you got the right board. It's not a used one ?

1. It Just get Techstream to program it.
Go to Post 120 in this thread to find a video on how to do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No. Very honest company I’ve used before he said it was a virgin key. Like I said we were using the Snapon tool to program and not tech stream

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
No. Very honest company I’ve used before he said it was a virgin key. Like I said we were using the Snapon tool to program and not tech stream
Well then you should have no problem programming it with Techstream. That's what the Dealers use

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
If you want to install Techstream on Windows 10. Here's some info

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alright thanks for that. That includes the driver and everything needed for install? I’m trying to rush these people to ship me the cable hopefully they do

But anyways my rav4 has to go to dealer on Thursday for a service to the front end. Sounds like an axle or wheel bearing drivers side

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone. I've lost a spare key for my Toyota Rav4 2005.
I want to command a key with remote capabilities.

Can I command one online from Toyota? and give them all my personal details (my ID, vehicle VIN, Vehicle registration certificate ...).
Thanks.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts