Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air coming out of my vents of my 99 RAV4 has a funny smell. I think it may be from using the vents in the recirculating mode most of the time. Is there a filter that I could clean and where is it located and how do you get to it? Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it smell sort of like you're passing a cattle truck on the highway? I figured it was a quirk of my RAV, since we live in an area where, if you go too far in any direction, you end up in potential cattle country.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've heard they sell some kind of disenfectant for AC systems that you spray in the vents to take care of any mold that may be growing in there. But I have never seen it (never tried looking specifically for it either) or have any idea where to get it. Autozone perhaps?

·
Registered
50 Posts
dnylrq said:
I've heard they sell some kind of disenfectant for AC systems that you spray in the vents to take care of any mold that may be growing in there. But I have never seen it (never tried looking specifically for it either) or have any idea where to get it. Autozone perhaps?
I turn my airconditioner on full blast, in fresh air mode, spray a can of Lysol spray on the vents on the outside of the car, below the windshield and let that go through the inside airconditioner vents. Works pretty good.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. The TSB seems pretty involved so I will try spraying into the outside inlet first. Is there more than one outside inlet and exactly where is it located below the windshield? Since we use our AC mostly on recirculate, I was thinking about spraying into the inside inlet. Does anyone know where that is located?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts