Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,112 Posts
Why would someone want to do this? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug: Do you wish to guarantee a rear end collision because they couldn't see your brake lights?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Chris welcome aboard. I believe I saw someone on here had listed new led housings for the rear - one of the offerings was a smoked assembly. You're gonna have to do a search on here to find it/them. :wink

·
Registered
258 Posts
Why would someone want to do this? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug: Do you wish to guarantee a rear end collision because they couldn't see your brake lights?
I wouldn't want to do it, but I have seen guys that have blacked them out but when they turn on their lights or put on the brakes, you can see them very well. To each his own.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm.......... I agree with the previous posts. I have been driving behind many "blacked-out" tail lights and had no idea what their intentions were: braking, turning, what??:frown I thought on a lot of the cars the lights weren't even ON, even though, once I got RIGHT UP ON THEM, saw the tiny little glow in there......! I prefer things that make my little CUTIE MORE visible, not less.... I mean, why.....:?::confused: I don't even think it looks cool.:cool: IMHO.....:serious

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a film on the front lights, it seems to work really well and it wasn't too hard to do (i used vvivid+ vinyl) the taillights are another story with the vinyl, they have some strange angles and little nubs. I'm going to try again on them this week sometime. There doesn't seem to be a problem with visibility with this vinyl film but it also looks to be "higher quality". I've heard that visibility problems come when you use spray on films.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why would someone want to do this? 🤷🤷🤷🤷 Do you wish to guarantee a rear end collision because they couldn't see your brake lights?
Obviously you don’t know about smoking taillights or cars at all. You smoke them not tint them it’s legal to have them sense you can still see the break light and turn signals.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I smoked my tails with my other car with a film, not same as the tint film it's the headlight/tail-light film from 3M that's thicker. If I remember correctly, they had two different shade of darkness and first I tried the dark one, got pulled over after like 3 years by CHP (california highway patrol) in Los Angeles and got a $30 fix it ticket. Took the film right off, and paid, and got the lighter one installed, didn't get pulled over even though they said any obstruction/smoke tail-light is illegal. it was much lighter but not that light, I liked it but that was back in my early 20s...LOL and that trend seemed to died awhile ago.. However if you still want to, don't use the paint, in case you change your mind, and film comes out so much better and way easier to install (by the professional)

·
Super Moderator
11,112 Posts
Obviously you don’t know about smoking taillights or cars at all. You smoke them not tint them it’s legal to have them sense you can still see the break light and turn signals.
Pretty cheeky for a first time post! Obviously you know nothing about spelling.....it's BRAKE not break. Also tail lights should be two words. You're welcome, enjoy your visit here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts