Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2017 Rav4 had a smoky film on the windows that I couldn't get off. I tried Windex, no streak window sprays, (Two that were highly recommend) but they all streaked. The wife suggested that I try the "Magic Easier", well it worked and finely NO STREAKS or fogging. Just dampen the Easier and wipe the windows, dry with a paper towel and your done.

KenK

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Good idea. I had the same problem with my '11 RAV and used Soft Scrub to get rid of the window crud. The dealer should have done that as pre-sales prep and didn't but he is a two hour drive distant.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Believe it or not crumpled up newspaper works good on most of those window films. Used to use it to clean oil lamp chimneys. It removed the oily smoke residue and they were crystal clear afterwards.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You will most likely have to keep cleaning them. The film on the windows comes from off gassing of the plastic parts in the car interior.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Unless you smoke in the vehicle, the haze is from out-gassing and will stop in a couple years.

Best window cleaner is Invisible Glass.

I keep a few microfiber cloths to clean anything, especially windows in the RAV4 (and I'm a non-smoker). Haze happens.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
You will most likely have to keep cleaning them. The film on the windows comes from off gassing of the plastic parts in the car interior.
Yep.

It'll improve over time. New cars, particularly in hot weather, need to be cleaned more frequently. As they age, the off-gassing reduces so it's less of an issue.
Vehicles that live in a colder climate tend to offgas longer, but not as much so you tend to not notice until after cleaning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Google "Chris Fix How to Super Clean the Inside of Your Windshield"
He has lots of videos on car care and cleaning.

Sorry, I'm new here and can not yet post links.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts