Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I've been trying NOT to talk about it :? I'll (partially) hold my tongue... as I need to keep my job with TOYOTA to make my house payment :roll:

We have NOT yet processed any 2006 RAV4s :( We have had '06 RAVs sitting on the dock since 11/20. The last I heard is the latest plan is to start processing/shipping on 11/28 :D

I have gone out a couple times and sat in the new RAVs... making VROOOM VROOM sounds :wink: 8)

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Well cool!! And we definitely don't want you to lose your job, Kelly! So your held tongue is well understood. ;)

VROOOM VROOOM eh? Well, that'd be a great catch phrase for Toyota to use with the new RAV -- just don't put it to a song, because I'd be worried that Mazda would sue their pants off :p

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing :) I hope there are no mechanical hold ups - for which I'm sure they would hang you at dawn if you revealed.

If you can let us know when they are headed out on trucks, that would be cool. I assume Long Beach will be on a similar schedule. Howard

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
RAVenous said:
Thanks for sharing :) I hope there are no mechanical hold ups...
No... no... no... not MECHANICAL. Main problem last week was PARTS related. IE - spare tire covers, floor mats, etc. :roll:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that Kelly :oops: I should have known better. These are Toyotas after all.....

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Ha... :lol: I could only make sounds... as the RAVs were still sitting in their "First Point of Rest". Crazy port rules don't allow us to move vehicles until AFTER they have been moved from the "FPR" location. I'm sure in a few days... I will be tired of moving RAVs :? :wink:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kelly do you think you are going to get one?
I think I want one if I can get access to the Japanese aftermarket parts for it somehow... hmm.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
csis_agent said:
Kelly do you think you are going to get one?
I think I want one if I can get access to the Japanese aftermarket parts for it somehow... hmm.
I'm going to wait until at least Feb/Mar to see how the V6 drives :twisted: The fuel/mileage numbers for the V6 look promising 8)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell me about it!
20 / 27 mpg for 4wd V6 that is really good numbers. My current Rav4 4 banger, 4WD 148hp is rated at
22 / 27 mpg. So I will still get same highway rating and pretty darn close to the city rating! Plus I like to push the rav a bit, so a V6 will be better for me. 8)

·
Registered
214 Posts
They're watching you Kelly, and this petty torture is pretty much the only fun they get all year, so don't ruin it for them eh Kelly?

:)

Wayne

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
FINALLY starting shipping the 2006 RAV4s today (Nov. 30) 8) :D
They should slowly start showing up at the dealerships over the next few weeks.

Got to check out the interior a little more. The dual climate control is very nice. The driver's seat now has HEIGHT adjustment. Steering column adjusts up/down AND in/out with the release of one lever.

The "upper" glove box opens by pushing down on a button. Push the same button down again... and it closes 8)

Gas cap appears to be a new design. When removing... it does NOT click. When replacing... it clicks ONCE. Seems to work pretty good.

Noticed when opening the hood that the hood is VERY HEAVY (no struts). Must have something to do with "crumple zones" :?

Units with THIRD ROW SEATING is VERY TIGHT for leg room. Sliding the middle row seats forward a little helps out. Units without third row seating have an enormous amount of storage space under the rear cargo floor. Looks like it would hold several cases of BEER and ICE :wink: Additional under floor storage area to the front of this rear one (just behind the rear seats)... but not nearly as large.

Electric steering is "different". Seems strange to be parked... with the engine off / key on / and be able to freely turn the steering wheel/tires from side to side :)

Dash illumination is nice... but I'm sure some people will complain about the ORANGE heater and clock illumination :?

Didn't get a chance to listen to any stereos... not fused. (That subwoofer in the rear cargo door looks impressive.) Nor did I get to drive any very far. Just a few about 30 yards into a building.. and about 30 yards out. Round and around... lots of RAVs... all night long :roll: 8) :lol:

Highest price I noticed was around $28k (4wd/Limited). Lowest was around $21k (2wd/base). Haven't had any with overhead DVD player yet.

It's supposed to SNOW 4 to 8 inches here tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a chance to TEST this new 4WD system :wink: :lol:

Knowing TOYOTA... they'll shut us down at the first signs of snow :( For some reason they don't like us driving their new SCIONS, TOYOTA and LEXUS around on the snow and ice :wink:

More later......

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
Knowing TOYOTA... they'll shut us down at the first signs of snow :( For some reason they don't like us driving their new SCIONS, TOYOTA and LEXUS around on the snow and ice :wink:
Those [email protected]@rds.... :)

Anyway, I take it these were 4 cylinder models? I'm really feigning interest here because the 6 cylinder REALLY appeals to me but I just cannot help feeling they have pretty much destroyed the looks and even the basic "philosophy" behind the RAV4 with the new exterior.

I do have hope that your exploits can convince me otherwise...

Wayne

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for the report Kelly.
Sounds good so far. My question is how much height is in the cargo area with seats folded flat.
Hope it is still the same as the 4.2 since I use that area to carry my bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Shar Pei Puppy said:
My question is how much height is in the cargo area with seats folded flat.
I'll have a tape measure in my hand tonight at work (the SNOW didn't show up :cry: )

Plas said:
Highest price I noticed was around $28k (4wd/Limited)
was that with other options?
Yes... but not sure EXACTLY what options were listed. Best thing today NOW is go over to http://kbb.com (Kelley Blue Book). They now have 2006 RAV4 prices!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Shar Pei Puppy said:
Thanks for the report Kelly.
Sounds good so far. My question is how much height is in the cargo area with seats folded flat.
37" from top of door opening... measured straight down to floor of cargo area. How does that compare to the 4.2 models?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts