Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so hubby and i spent 3 days going to dealerships and looking at cute-utes.... we've decided we like the rav4 best.... but it's SO not fair that they offer navi in europe and canada but not here :evil: and then hubby found this on the canada site too!

http://www.toyota.ca/NWS/english/custom/c950012e.html

what's up with that? why can't we get it (both of them) in the US!!!!!!???????

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DER....... cuz i thought when my hubby sent the link to me.... he was surfing/referring to a rav4! i didn't realize/notice it wasn't a rav4!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
caligurl said:
so hubby and i spent 3 days going to dealerships and looking at cute-utes.... we've decided we like the RAV4 best.... but it's SO not fair that they offer navi in europe and canada but not here :evil: and then hubby found this on the canada site too!

http://www.toyota.ca/NWS/english/custom/c950012e.html

what's up with that? why can't we get it (both of them) in the US!!!!!!???????
What we have NAVI as an option? If we do thats news to me.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
according to the toyata canada site you do! and i dont' like it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: i want navi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
caligurl said:
according to the toyata canada site you do! and i dont' like it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: i want navi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did you see that? I've looked everywhere and don't see that!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
won't the oemvalue unit fit in there?
since it has the jbl stereo?
And maybe use the stereo bezel from
the assusie rav4....

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I did not see a Navigation System specifically for the RAV4 mentioned anywhere on Toyota Canada's website, press releases, accessory configurator, "Price your Toyota" minisite or the RAV4 eBrochure.

*checks caligurl's temperature* :D

There is a reference to a Navigation System (photo with caption) on a generic 2006 Toyota Trucks Customization Brochure, but just like the bedliner, I wouldn't expect the RAV4 to get every single item in that publication.

The Toyota Navigation Systems minisite lists only the Camry, Solara, Highlander, Tundra, Sequoia and Sienna as "Applicable vehicles" (though I would expect the information to be outdated).

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Euro RAV4 does in fact support Navi... which is super lame (not that Euros get it, but that US doesnt!!)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Back to the bike rack, it is the same one for the Rav and highlander and I have one gor my 02 rav, and it works great, and is very easy to install remove. I can't imagine that it is not available in the US though

·
Registered
173 Posts
They say the Solara Navi will fit the Rav using the Japanese din kit.

Anyone did this setup?

Would the European System in our with proper software/maps?

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
I don't understand why it's such a big deal. I have aftermarket (Garmin PDA/GPS) navi and it a better solution than the built in (but maybe not as slick) and costs only $$$ and not $$$$. I can move it between cars (like rental) and even use without car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts