Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haha thanks but it's actually my father who is the servicemen. Been in for 18 years. They allow family to receive the same discounts which is awesome it would be ridiculous not to utilize that benefit. As far as ride quality everything that I have read so far explains that you just need to stay away from fixed tow bars as they will put more tension on the springs when you raise the vehicle than what is configured to OEM specifications on the cam. However, I'm still skeptical which is why I would like to know more about the struts and shocks he is using. ?
Did you ever get the OEM specs for the struts and rear shocks?

·
Registered
41 Posts
DId you ever figure out what model B6 they use? I feel like the struts and rear shocks would be cheaper just to buy from a shop
I never ended up reaching out as I was planning on postponing the work until after winter. However, per the Facebook RAV 4.3 group, the recommendation is to use the 2013+ parts. Part numbers below.

Bilstein B6
Front Right: 22-282958
Front Left: 22-282941
Rear: 24-282963 x2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever get the OEM specs for the struts and rear shocks?
I was going to wait until spring but I decided to do my suspension over the winter break. I ended up buying Saccs (2013 revised OEM) struts and shocks. I was going to buy billsteins, but these were on sale. Not much more of a calculated decision than that. I have friends who have used Saccs before and there were good reviews among the RAV4 community. If you want the exact model numbers I can give them to you. They drive great, and are pretty stiff. I think in the future I will get coilovers if I ever get into serious overlanding, but these will be fine for my little 4 cl for now at least.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The brand is called SACHS. Part of the ZF group.
The part # for our gen
Rear - 314863 (2006-2015)
Front Right - 314845
Front Left - 314846
More in their catalog:

For lift, the fronts will need extensions on the threaded portion. Rear... other story.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The brand is called SACHS. Part of the ZF group.
The part # for our gen
Rear - 314863 (2006-2015)
Front Right - 314845
Front Left - 314846
More in their catalog:

For lift, the fronts will need extensions on the threaded portion. Rear... other story.
Thanks for the correction. I have been looking at getting the ReadyLift kit which has a 2 inch spacers for the front struts and 1.5 for the rear. There is a great YouTube video by Creative Mechanic. I'm pretty sure he is on this forum thread. Go check out his video if y'all haven't seen it yet. I think he said he switched to Northwoods earlier in the forum but it's still a very good guide for anyone looking to do it themselves

·
Registered
266 Posts
The above kit manufacturer page:

The rear shock specs from KYB Excel-G 439024 are:
Extended Length = 16.33"
Compressed Length = 10.78"
Stroke Length = 5.55"
The connection are eyelets E2(12.2x45).
Other longer shocks can be researched on their site: Dimensions - KYB Americas

·
Registered
11 Posts
I never ended up reaching out as I was planning on postponing the work until after winter. However, per the Facebook RAV 4.3 group, the recommendation is to use the 2013+ parts. Part numbers below.

Bilstein B6
Front Right: 22-282958
Front Left: 22-282941
Rear: 24-282963 x2
How did these fit for you? Did the strut bodies look the same for height? Any mods that had to be done? Deaver springs in Santa Ana, CA mentioned that their springs would work with these but never met anyone that did this upgrade. Thx!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts