Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for every soft top owner facing the same dilemma, i'm here to document my solution to the problem of broken plastic trim for retaining the side windows. i think part is due to the top shrinking and tightening up all around, and part is just ageing plastic. my top will be replaced as soon as i get around to finding someone up to the task but i need the trim to hold it for it to do much good. my boss pointed out to me that the only thing i really need to replace is the plastic lip that holds in the lip on the window. i may be able to create a new piece that i fasten and gives me a new stronger lip to fit the window. i'm going to be looking into this. if anyone else has come up with something to hold in the side windows with broken trim let me know. i'm sick of duck tape. especially now needing on on both sides :/ if i come up with something i'll document it and make sure it's reproducible. save the drop tops..

·
Registered
400 Posts
I will let you know if I ever come across a 2-door in a junkyard. (I have had a lot of luck with 4-doors lately, but I've never seen a 2-door in a yard, let alone a soft-top.)

Could you possibly still get the parts from a dealer? They are listed on this page (below), and the parts numbers cross-reference as available (and cheaper) at toyotapartsdeal.com. I usually use localpartsstore.com, but they have them as no price and discontinued. If you plan to keep the Rav, maybe you can try to get the parts while they are still available. ??

Here's a diagram with all the part numbers:
https://parts.germaintoyotaofnaples...--COMPONENTS-CONVERTIBLESOFT-TOP/8413693.html

Please let us know how it goes -- if you are able to buy them, and how the install goes. It looks like it might be 65805-0W010, which is $240 on toyotapartsdeal.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts