Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. This is a tricky one. Wanna buy an android touch-screen for my rav4 2016. Lots of pro's, but really just one con. Since the toyota software is installed in the existing touchscreen, I won't get the different camera software in my android. Has anyone by chance done this, and do anyone know if there's a way to extract toyota software and install in android??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an older Android 4.2 unit in my Volkswagen, I absolutely love it, and it works flawlessly with the steering wheel buttons and backup camera, navigation, etc. I use Spotify in my car, and can watch Netflix or use Facebook (obviously when parked)...

I don't know how the rav4 Android units are, but I'm assuming everything should work on the gas version, but on the hybrids I don't think you'd be able to access the "car" screen via an Android unit...

Mine looks like this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. THANKS. There's the one u have, with the pre installed buttons matching your car...then u have the pure android touch without buttons. I would guess the one with buttons answers better to your car, comparing to the pure android!? Hard to tell I guess, if u haven't tried both. With rav4 2016 I have 4 cameras, that's an issue. With those 4 cameras u get birds perspective and differens kind of views. I'm sure these camera perspectives will stay behind in the original touch screen, but still I guess u can access all 4 cameras just plain view. That's enough for me. Since your xperience us good, I will go for it. Just have to decide between original setup with buttons, or pure touch. Pure touch is far bigger :blush:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome. THANKS. There's the one u have, with the pre installed buttons matching your car...then u have the pure android touch without buttons. I would guess the one with buttons answers better to your car, comparing to the pure android!? Hard to tell I guess, if u haven't tried both. With rav4 2016 I have 4 cameras, that's an issue. With those 4 cameras u get birds perspective and differens kind of views. I'm sure these camera perspectives will stay behind in the original touch screen, but still I guess u can access all 4 cameras just plain view. That's enough for me. Since your xperience us good, I will go for it. Just have to decide between original setup with buttons, or pure touch. Pure touch is far bigger :blush:
I have an XLE, so it didn't even occur to me whether the Android unit would support the birds eye view camera.

Honestly I have no idea, but if I had to guess, I'd say the birds eye view function probably won't work with the new radio. The back up camera on my VW Android radio is a simple RCA style input.

As for the buttons, I've tried a full touchscreen Android unit on a VW, one that looks like this

The unit functions the same way. Which you choose is a matter of preference, I like having buttons and knobs, but the full touchscreen definetaly looks cooler...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts