Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't know if it offers UV protection like sunglasses do but "they" say that the solar tinted glass protects fabric from the harmful UV rays to prevent fading. So depending on how you interpret this, I guess it will protect us as well (a little). I'm not fading away. How about you?
:lol:
Later. M.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Most factory glass has some UV ray filtering. One way I can tell is that my auto tint eyeglasses don't tint in the RAV with the windows up. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glass

I use a small GPS unit on my car.....I notice that it takes at least 5 min to locate a bird....But when I use my external antenna (BAM) get a hit in about 20 seconds....I was told that this type of glass can screw-up reception :shock:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yes we have solar glass, that's why it has a very slight green tint. I should know, I just replaced my windshield. If you look at the etched tag at the base of each piece of glass, it should say something like "solar" or "UV".

The solar glass should not really affect reception, because the solar coating is a tint and not a metallic coating like on some more expensive car windows. The roof affects reception more than the windows do.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uv

Your right about it not being Matallic :roll: Now I know why my left arm does'nt get sun-burned (UV) :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts