Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I need some feedback on some questions I have regarding this feature.

Here's the history; I've been experimenting trying to get automatic headlights in my XLE trim. I think I finally got it work but I'm not sure if what it's doing would be considered normal so I need to know from you if the behavior is normal or not.

The switch is left in AUTO all the time:

Daytime:
  • Pressing the unlock button on key fob, flashes turn signals twice and nothing else happens.
  • Pressing the lock button on the key fob, flashes turn signal once and nothing else happens.
Dawn/ Night time:
  • Pressing the unlock button on key fob, flashes turn signals twice and the side markers turn on for around 30 seconds. If I open the door during those 30 seconds, the chime is going off to alert that the side markers are on, turn the engine on and both the headlights and fog lights automatically turn on 3 seconds after the engine is started. Turn the engine off, shuts off both the headlights and fog lights but side markers remain on for 45 seconds.
  • Pressing the lock button on the key fob after the engine has been off for a while, flashes turn signals once and side markers turn on and remain on for 45 seconds.
Sunset:
  • While driving in a sunset, the sidemarkers will turn on when the sun is ¼ below the horizon
  • The headlights will turn on when it gets darker, when sun is ¾ below the horizon.
Sunrise:
  • Driving in a sunrise, the headlights will shut off when sun is halfway the horizon and sidemarkers will shut off when sun is above sunrise.
  • If I shut the vehicle off before the sidemarkers turn off on their own during a sunrise, the sidemarkers will shut off and will not light again if I press the lock button on the key fob.
I will appreciate any feedback regarding these behaviors

Thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts