Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got another notch on my fender. The same place where last month I got a speeding ticket for 190.00. This time I was coming from Bayamon on a Friday night. This guy was coming behind me for about 5 miles with his high beams. I just adjusted the rear view mirror. But it came to a point that I had to move the driver side door mirror also. He saw my movements and I think he had to know that his lights were annoying me.

I always evaluate who is it first before I make my move. I was a brand new 2006 Solara V6.

But then, we entered the valley of speed. No cops, no traffic lights, just me, him and some other cars. It's about a 10 mile stretch of long, straight, wide solitary road [some hills and one, very wide bridge]

[well I guess heaven is like this ] :lol:

I managed to pull away and pass two cars to see what was on has mind. Sure enough, I looked through the rear view mirror to see if he decided to make his move. I was right again, all of a sudden I saw his light coming...fast. I slammed on second gear and "You're it, catch me if you can dude". I ripped it to about 5,500 RPM in second, and quick shifted to third gear, I was pulling away. We ran into some traffic and I just let him have a equal chance, I waited for him. I pupping the brakes to show him so. When I saw his front light dip on the road as he was gathering speed. [hint, stock suspension] This was his last chance. I hit the Next Level Performance Module switch, and I heard my engine kind of like growl. I floored it. I again started to pull away, but this time, faster for about two miles. His head light were getting smaller and smaller. But his head lights were still hitting the road hard, which meant that he was still trying to catchup. I saw them dip as he went over some road lumps as he was still trying to gather speed. But it was too late, I was long gone.

Then, a traffic light. I passed a Mitsubishi Montero like if he was standing still. I waited for him to even up. It was a rich guy, he arrogantly did even look at me. He just staired to the front with his head tilled to the side. I guess he felt humiliated and he had enough. I just laugh :eek:

I guess that goes to show him that he should leave the high beams on bothering other people. I just guess he wanted to make a statement like. "My car is better then yours, my cars a V6, my car is better and faster"

He might have a better and new car. But his car isn't his, it's the banks car. The moment he doesn't pay for it, the bank will take it away. So it isn't his car. On the contrary, my RAV4 is mine. It's paid for. I don't bother anyone on the road with my head lights. Not even with the Hella light that I have. And it's fast as hell. :twisted:

·
Registered
875 Posts
SOunds like an exciting trip. DOn't underestimate people though. The solara could have been paid for already. He may not mind paying for the whole thing and losing all his leverage to save finance %ages.

Some millionaires drive pick-up trucks. Most really really really big guys don't show that they're really big. It's only the guys who "just made it" that like to show off. "Millionaire Next Door," great book.

Glad that module thing is working for you. So you really do recommend it eh?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zoomie said:
Some millionaires drive pick-up trucks.
Yea, I know, one of them is my father. He drives an old beat up Green Ford pickup. It doesn't even have a rear door. But he has been around the world, twice in his life already. He leaves the Mercedes-Benz for the weekends.

The module gives that extra kick at high end. But if it had more control it would be a lot better.

W

·
0 Posts
how much does the module cost? if that module can kick a v6 engine then i think its really worth it :D ,

thanks

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember, my engine isn't stock. It's slighty modified with header, exhaust pipes, muffler, a good electrical system [MSD so on], and some other goodies from TRD. Also, a good suspension. But it does give you some kick on the high end. One things for truth, the numbers are more or less right.

http://www.nextlevelracing.com/Triphase.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts