Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Phourwheel said:
We've all seen Pacific Blue on the SEMA video and other places, I was referring to "Nautical Blue".....
This is the best representation of Nautical Blue I've found so far... on the Toyota Japan RAV4 website for color selection...

·
Registered
179 Posts
see the sienna

The Sienna van comes in this very very dark blue color. May be easier for you to fine one of those to see the color. Looks black unless the sun hits it.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Nice find jabba!

Yes, the Sienna has the same color available, it's called Nautical Blue as well.

This is probably a bad photo, but it's the only one I've found so far...

B

·
0 Posts
Not too bad of a color. I got quoted today for a limited in that color with these features:
JBL AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer, (9 speakers!)
Driver & Front Passenger Front
Seat-Mounted Side Airbags and Front-and
Second-Row Roll- Sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
Daytime Running Lights
Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade
Carpeted Floor Mats
Dealer said he'd sell it to me for 25,697, but I bet i can bring it down a lil bit with the "recent college grad allowance" of $400 or $500 (depends on the dealer around here.)
Not too shabby, considering all the other dealers i've emailed have quoted me the same prices on their website (26k+ in most cases)

A

·
0 Posts
Hey, I'm new to the forum and have greatly appreciated all the information that I have seen in this forum. It will sure help with the decisions I make on my '06 RAV4 purchase in the next couple of months.

I hope to use the "recent college grad allowance" also. I think it is supposed to be a national program.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exact same options as ours:)

Frank

bzktnkorn5 said:
Not too bad of a color. I got quoted today for a sport in that color with these features:
JBL AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer, (9 speakers!)
Driver & Front Passenger Front
Seat-Mounted Side Airbags and Front-and
Second-Row Roll- Sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
Daytime Running Lights
Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade
Carpeted Floor Mats
Dealer said he'd sell it to me for 25,697, but I bet i can bring it down a lil bit with the "recent college grad allowance" of $400 or $500 (depends on the dealer around here.)
Not too shabby, considering all the other dealers i've emailed have quoted me the same prices on their website (26k+ in most cases)

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Yeah, I thought the photo I found looked a little dull, color-wise -- yours turned out much better, puttputt. Makes it look a lot nicer.

I was thinking my primary color choices were Classic Silver Metallic, Barcelona Red or Nautical Blue (not necessarily in that order), and I'm pretty sure that's a lock now... Unless seeing the colors IRL change something...

B

·
0 Posts
When I test drove one today, I got to see the Barcelona red when we pulled back into the dealer, and it was literally a candy-apple red. I'm not big on red, but it was GORGEOUS! I'm starting to lean more towards that one than the Pacific Blue, in person its more of a blue-grey. The thing I don't like about the color is that it seems like it'll blend into the scenery on a really grey rainy/foggy day.
And just as an update to my search for the *perfect* rav, i tried out the limited I mentioned before, its got the highest grade stereo system, moonroof, tonneau cover, and of course the cargo net. (Which the salesman showed me, and its pretty cool. Unlike the 96 Rav4 cargo net, this one can really keep things in the back and you won't worry about things spilling out when you open the door...unless the back is full of pencils, or ping pong balls...now that i think about it--that sounds like a great prank...)
I never thought I could fall in love with a car, but I think I have!!
Lol. It took all my energy to keep from turning to the salesman and saying "Can I take it home????" Its a 4 cylinder, and thats all I've driven, but to be honest, with this car, I don't think it really needs a v6, and at first I was dead set on getting one...now the 4 banger doesn't seem so bad because of the fast pickup compared to the 96 Rav. I kept on thinking that I had to press the ECT button again because I was going so fast, lol.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats exactly my Rav4>> Barcelona red with taupe(tan) interior and sunroof with the JBL and side air bags.. :):)

It IS a BEAUTIFUL color isn't it???? Pics do NOT do it justice.. Told ya its THAT good. You will quickly forget the last gen Rav once you start driving it..:)

Frank

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Found a photo source for a Nautical Blue RAV4! eBay of all places, heh :)

A few more photos with the auction, but the photographer's skills in composition and lighting leave something to be desired. :wink:

Now I see jabba's "looks black until the sun hits it" 8)

·
Registered
132 Posts
karrock said:
Found a photo source for a Nautical Blue RAV4! eBay of all places, heh :)

A few more photos with the auction, but the photographer's skills in composition and lighting leave something to be desired. :wink:

Now I see jabba's "looks black until the sun hits it" 8)
Not much of a background, but yep, that's the color I want. Nautical Blue/Midnight Blue. I don't mind that it looks black because the RAV looks good in black anyway....

I'll wait til the V6 comes up and test-drive & compare with the I4. I wish they had a manual transm., though. Maybe 2007? I can wait, my 03 is still in great condition, so I'm not in a rush to buy a new one. Maybe in 2007, they'll have a manual trans, NAV system and 3-row leather...

Cheers!

Philo

B

·
0 Posts
Lol, thats the kind i test drove--with the taupe interior. (Now its the one I'm probably getting.) Its kinda nice. I'm worried about getting it messy easily though. The car I've got now (and not too much longer I might add) has a black interior, so it should be interesting to go from a black interior to a taupe one :p

I saw the nautical blue, pacific blue, and the barcelona red yesterday, basicly all in a line, and I think the nautical blue is really more of a navy blue, and the red is nice, but I've pretty much decided to go with pacific blue at this point :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts