Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i try to start my rav this cold morning using my remote starter and i notice that it start but after ~2secs it turn-off, after 4secs it start again without any problems.

btw the 2nd start i did not hit my remote starter, its just start by himself. i experience this 3 times already.

just wondering if there something problem with my battery or remote starter?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Normaly if the first start attempt fails, the remote starter system will automaticly try again three times until the vehicle starts. This is usualy because the system is having troubles reading the signal from the antenna. When this happens the system searches for the signal for another three tries. Where did you mount your antenna? I stuck mine in the middle of the windshield (top), just behind my rear view mirror, pointing down. An Antenna re-location might solve the problem. Good luck!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my antennas location is just behind of my rear view mirror.

the problem that i noticed is that my car is already get the signal and it turn-ON my engine automatically when i use my remote starter but it turn-OFF about ~2sec after it turn-ON. not sure if that is a signal problem or my battery problem?

Heinznfries44 said:
Normaly if the first start attempt fails, the remote starter system will automaticly try again three times until the vehicle starts. This is usualy because the system is having troubles reading the signal from the antenna. When this happens the system searches for the signal for another three tries. Where did you mount your antenna? I stuck mine in the middle of the windshield (top), just behind my rear view mirror, pointing down. An Antenna re-location might solve the problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Portege_RAV4 said:
my antennas location is just behind of my rear view mirror.

the problem that i noticed is that my car is already get the signal and it turn-ON my engine automatically when i use my remote starter but it turn-OFF about ~2sec after it turn-ON. not sure if that is a signal problem or my battery problem?

Heinznfries44 said:

Did you follow the instructions for programming the tach reading properly? It sounds to me like the system is misreading the tach info and shutting down because it's not registering the proper idle speed. Try re-programming your tach to your system, and if that doesn't work, make sure you've got the right injection wire hooked up to the system, that could be the problem too. I have 4 wires running to each injector, three of them are the same color for each injector and one of the wires changes color at each injector..... this wire is the "odd one out" and it's the one you need to have your system hooked up too. I believe I'm hooked into the 3'rd wire.... counting from the windshield towards the front of the vehicle. It's the 1st injector looking from right to left and I believe the wire is red.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your reply Heinznfries44.

why is that in the afternoon or in the past there is no problem when i used my remote starter to start my rav? i just noticed that problem only these WEEK and im using that remote starter for almost 2months now.....also out of 10 times i used my remote starter only twice that problem happen.

by the way i did not program it, circuit city installed it for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I read through my install instructions and it mentioned about start fail and the automatic re-try.... I'm not sure you actualy have a problem at all. Could be these things just happen from time to time, and the guys who make the systems realized that and added the re-try as back up just in case. I guess you'll find out for sure when the weather warms up...... if the system starts working perfectly EVERY time, then you'll know it had something to do with the temperature I guess. The important thing is that it DOES re-start and your system is doing the job it's meant to do, climbing into a warm car in the morning is a sweet thing isn't it?? Just curious, did you call Circuit City and tell them what's happing?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heinznfries44 said:
I read through my install instructions and it mentioned about start fail and the automatic re-try.... I'm not sure you actualy have a problem at all. Could be these things just happen from time to time, and the guys who make the systems realized that and added the re-try as back up just in case. I guess you'll find out for sure when the weather warms up...... if the system starts working perfectly EVERY time, then you'll know it had something to do with the temperature I guess. The important thing is that it DOES re-start and your system is doing the job it's meant to do, climbing into a warm car in the morning is a sweet thing isn't it?? Just curious, did you call Circuit City and tell them what's happing?
maybe its because of temperature. this morning its 35F and my remote starter start my car without any problem. i experience that freakin' problem when the temperature is 0F specially before and after the snow.

i'll try to call circuit city also, but im guessing that its not remote starter problem. maybe the problem is with the battery or the temperature in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts