Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my test drive of the new RAV4 (europe) I decided not to get one. I simply did not like the new design, the exterior has lost it's unique feeling that I liked with 4.2. The interior components felt cheap. The stereo was crap and the performance roadvise just didn't do it for me. Guess the dissappointment of us europeans not getting the V6 got too big. I wanted the same as 4.2 but somewhat smoother and a bit more "upscale" :roll: Thus, I would have to get a much larger SUV, which I do not want to....so.

Ordered Lexus IS 250 instead. The looks, V6 engine, 6-speed automatic with steering wheel paddles and the 14-speakers Mark Levinson 300W 5.1 surround NAV system + much more simply blew me away.

But hey!.....I´m still loyal to Toyota....in a way :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, you gotta see it in context:
- is it higher quality interior than before? yes
- does it have better stereo than before? yes
- is it faster in every way than before? yes

I am sure it still doesnt hold the candle to IS250 :), luxury is luxury...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
p.s. I am thinking about getting IS220d myself next year. Right now it is not sold in my country. We will see how that goes. I love the car. Luxury cars are simply more luxurious :). I love all the extra details in IS but you also pay for them.

I cant wait to test new Rav4, what version did you test?

One thing that I like about Rav4 is that they have crazy resale value in Europe, which I wont get with Lexus. Even if I dont like it that much, I will be able to sell it easily. With Lexus, I better like it enough to keep it for 3 years at least.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't be sorry if the 06 doesn't fit your need.
I bought my 04 specifically because of the height in the cargo area to haul bikes around. The fold flat seats ruined that! Looks like back to a Tacoma with a shell when the miles get up there on the RAV.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I understand completely! If I were unable to get the 269 hp V6 in my new Rav, I would keep driving my 1997 for another five years.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: 2006

postman said:
How could you man :cry: :cry: :cry: Good luck :wink:
Well to be honest.....My father is a Toyota/Lexus dealer and got me a great deal on the 250. RAV4 is very expensive here in Europe vs in the US, and I was not prepared to pay the bucks and not getting a V6 or a JBL system. Furthermore.....my girlfriend liked the 250 so what can you do?? :lol:

But I´ll miss the RAV in many ways for sure.....

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea of course it´s a totally different kind of car. I was comparing what I´d get from my perspective in terms of comfort, luxury etc. Once again remember that a RAV4 Luxury over here costs up to 45.000 USD....without the V6 that I wanted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts