Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading past articles on Sound Deadening materials and I think that I will be going with B-Quiet Ultimate.

For those who have tried it does it give of any odor?

Also, I haven’t opened up the panels yet on the rear wheel well. How many mm of a gap should I expect to find? I plan to double up there and in the front 2 wells.

Thanks in advance,

Walt

·
Registered
116 Posts
Way to buy Canadian!

The product itself has a tiny bit of odour if you put your nose right up to the roll. However, once it's installed you can't smell it at all, regardless of how hot it gets.

Pretty well anywhere on the vehicle you should be able to double up. Just note where the panels attach and give yourself enough room around there and you'll be fine.

I've got one layer inside my rear door, one on the rear floor, and I'll be doubling up everywhere up front. I just can't seem to find the time to take out my seats and carpet.

I would advise you to do it before the summer is out. You want it to be at least 20 degrees celcius when you install. this insures the material is plyable enough to fit into all the little areas and that it will stick well.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just what I wanted to hear. :D

Now I just have to buy it and find the time to install.

P

·
0 Posts
Instructions

Howdy,
While I love my RAV4S, I'd love to cut down on road noise.

Can you provide more specific instructions as to how to access and apply the material to the front and rear wheel wells?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Grazzi,
PCM

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your not planning on doing it soon I will take pictures and give some tips after i do mine.
Also if you check out B-quiet website there should be some pics showing how it looks applied.
I'm guessing that it should be pretty easy with the roller / cutting devices and some spoons for pressing the butyl sheets on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: Instructions

pcmodem said:
Howdy,
While I love my RAV4S, I'd love to cut down on road noise.

Can you provide more specific instructions as to how to access and apply the material to the front and rear wheel wells?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Grazzi,
PCM
I recommend you start with the panel on the back door. Like all simple car panels you just need to get a finger between the plastic and the metal and pull. You may need something to pry it and if you do make sure you don't scratch your paint. You'll have to pull quite hard, then you'll hear a POP. That's good. Then you should have more room to put your hand in there and move it around the edge. Keep pulling until all the POPS are done popping then you'll be looking at the inside of your rear door. Then, cut your B-Quiet to the approx shape you need, peel the backing off of it, apply it, roll it, and your done. Repeat until you're fully covered being careful not to cover necessary holes for the reinstallation of your plastic panel. To put it back on, just push, sometimes using your fist like a hammer helps it along. Simple like that. You CANNOT hurt anything if you go wrong. Worst case you break a couple clips. Unless you ruin over 25% of them, you'll be okay without them. If you're fussy you can replace them for 25 cents each at your local car parts store.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Machman, how did you purchase the B-quiet?
From there website or from a performance shop?
And did you buy 100 ft2 ?

P

·
0 Posts
mionee67 said:
If your not planning on doing it soon I will take pictures and give some tips after i do mine.
Also if you check out B-quiet website there should be some pics showing how it looks applied.
I'm guessing that it should be pretty easy with the roller / cutting devices and some spoons for pressing the butyl sheets on.
Thanks, I'll wait for your pictures and instructions. :)

Have a good one,
Edward

·
Registered
771 Posts
This is just what I was talking about to my wife on the way home today from a short day trip on the Highway!

For the past few months on here I've heard some things about sound proofing materials and never thought I would be concidering it. We are planning some long trips this comming spring so I think it will be a good idea.

I'll have to do it before the middle of October where I live so the temperature will help with the install.

Is this the best stuff to buy and how much will it cost me? Let me know. M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts