Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have them yet in your area of the country and where are you? We won't have them in Oklahoma until Dec 22nd. They must think we are a bunch of hicks. Anyway my horse is getting old and I need a new form of transportation :lol:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I stopped by 2 dealers in San Diego and nadda. One had no RAV4 at all. The one dealer I've been talking to says he should get one next week. But we'll see.

I decided to check some of the other dealers in So. Cal. via Internet. I looked at Riverside, LA county, and OC county. For those dealers that actually list their inventory online, I found only 2 dealers that had 2006 models. One of them had 16 2006 models in stock. :shock:

I'm going up to LA for a Kings game on the 26th and if I have time, I might swing by Carson Toyota to check them out if SD still don't have them by then.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm interested in when they will show up in Up-State New York. I'm want to compare it to another vehicle, and time seems to be running out on the vehicle I now have. I've been put on a list at several dealers and am waiting to hear from them. I may not be able to wait for the RAV4. Has anyone heard for this part of the country?

M

·
0 Posts
Stopped by the local Toyota dealer here today. The largest in Ky.
Looked out front but only found about 8 2005 models. Went in to ask for 2006 booklet. Guy, said maybe could do better than that
we're expecting one in today. Walked around back but their
delivery hadn't made it into the lot yet. Did get booklet on the 2006
though.

L

·
0 Posts
I use my RAV4 to haul grain etc. for my horse! The first 2006 arrived in the SF Bay Area today but MINE is due to arrive tomorrow! My dadd totaled my beloved 2003 RAV4 and my new 2006 Limited arrives in the next day or two.... :D

B

·
0 Posts
Went to the Toyota dealer in Springfield, VA, they said any day now. (We'll see how well that works out) I'll probably look again next week on one of my mornings off work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Called the local Toyota by where I work (San Jose, CA) and they had one (and only one) in the showroom. A 4x2 Limited in Blizzard Pearl. They are quite nice, and really don't look that large in person. Perhaps it's the shape but they seem to look a tad bit smaller than a CRV (although in reality they're the same length).

The interior is just great. Definitely nicer with more room and no more hassles with tumbling seats. The fold flat feature of the second row seat is just great. Of course this dealer marked it up nearly $2K to $27K, but no one in their right mind would fork out that $$$$ for a 4x2 (unless of course they're loaded and don't care). Just a matter of waiting a few weeks or a couple of months until dealers have more inventory.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If I've to wait for another 6 months before the price comes down, I'll be considering a 2007 CRV. I never like Nissan but Toyota or Honda would do fine in my household. If Toyota want to sell more vehicles, they need to put out those greedy dealer. With the crappy load of port installed options, I defintely would not be buying a Toyota.

·
Registered
654 Posts
pablo35 said:
Of course this dealer marked it up nearly $2K to $27K, but no one in their right mind would fork out that $$$$ for a 4x2
For those who are Costco members, consider using the Costco Auto services. Costco certified dealers usually work from the invoice price. I've seen the Honda prices and it looks like the membership prices are about $500 above invoice. Some dealers will even honor the price even if they are not certified. It doesn't hurt to ask since I already know one in San Diego who will honor it.

Even on the Internet, you can find these kind of services. Carsdirect.com does something similar, although it didn't look like they offered a better deal than Costco when I was pricing out Hondas.

J

·
0 Posts
Roseville CA had 3 2006 Rav4s 12/22.

I think Toyota will do well with this version, especially the upcoming V6.

I test drove a limited with moonroof (no leather) in the pouring rain - MSRP of ~$26,700 The steering wheel itself seems small. Good visibility out the front windows, as you know the rear mounted tire blocks some of the rear visibility. I liked the instrumentation. Does appear a little smaller than I expected.

The only "dealer mark up" was for customer wheels (which could be removed and the stock ones put back on). The ride was a little rougher than I had hoped - maybe partially due to the custom wheels which may have been 18".

My wife is looking through the brochure. Will go back for a more detailed look when the V6s are available.

JCPZero

1 - 15 of 15 Posts