Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1300 watt system and under more taxing volume I get the light flicker characteristic of insufficient power. While I’ve found some threads on HO alternators, most were in regards to towing. I rarely have my volume past 1/3 or 1/2 volume. I’m looking for advice for when I do want to crank if I should get a high output alternator or an audio capacitor. If for either, since I’m still noobish, I could use some help in what kind of the two I need.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
There is a higher 150A alternator that is available. The fuse would need to be changed and I am not sure what else.

Also you can change the battery to a more powerful AGM battery. These types of battery don't drain as fast under heavy loads.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I just found this site that have custom high output alternators. Prices are crazy high though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
W
I just found this site that have custom high output alternators. Prices are crazy high though.
what kind of benefits might there be to one of these higher output alternators than the v6s 150 amp. Should I just get a 150 through rock auto or would a 240 from this site be worth it. Price isn’t Too big a problem for me. I’m just wondering what’s necessary and ideal for my needs.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I am not sure but maybe the 150 A is not powerful enough. You can use that site that calculate what the alternator requirement is with your setup.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not seeing that many positive reviews on these “high” outputs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
2 Participants
JWILSON
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing