Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting wider wheels and I need spacers for the rear and front

Along with these spacers what else would I have to adjust or upgrade with suspension so that it can handle the spacers and wheels?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Also if you put spacers behind the wheels there is that much less stud sticking out for the lug nuts to grab.
I don't think so. As I recall, top quality spacers have studs in them. Thus, there's no loss of stud length and threads.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Spacers I've seen that are thin, like 5-10mm are just a flat ring with bolt holes. They move the wheel out that much and there's that much less stud sticking thru the wheel. Thicker spacers bolt to the hub using the existing studs and provide a new set of studs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm getting 30mm spacers for mine. just make sure you get actual wheel spacers that provide new studs and not those universal disk spacers you find at the local parts store. You can always measure it to make sure also.

·
Registered
126 Posts
did that universal 10mm spacer in my rav before. looks good from outside though. but ride became somewhat noisier. it became more rough after installing them. plus the fact that i found online that universal spacer are prone to breaking even applying the right torque on the lugnuts and placing you at greater risk. 3 days of using it, took it off immediately and never looked at it again. saving for offset rims instead.

·
Registered
183 Posts
H&R Wheel spacers

Looking forward to adding spacers to my 2008 Rav Sport. I will soon post my experience with the H&R wheel spacer. 25mm for the front and 30mm for the rear.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Update on wheel spacers

Will be looking forward to seeing that!
Well, after placing my order over at (Autoanything). I was told that the item would ship 3 to 4 days of the order date. A week later I received an email that the item was on back order. So now I'd have to wait another 2 weeks. So, I decided to cancel the order.
Instead I'll spend the money to buy 4 sets of Rigid Industries 50481 D-Series SAE Fog Lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, can someone confirm that spacers cans actually break your wheel bearings? And is this the same with offset rims?

Thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Spacers don't break your wheel bearings. But moving the wheel outward does increase the load on the bearings and the rest of the suspension. Wheels with less offset have the same effect.
Having said that, I run wider wheels with less offset on a couple cars and haven't worn anything out yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts