Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual shows a drawing of a latch on the bottom of the spare tire cover which can only be unclasped after opening the door. Is this latch (or lock) only on the LImited models, because my base has none. The manual makes no such distinction, and had me crawling all over the ground under the spare looking for a latch I never found. So I assume I simply pull the cover off to access the spare?

·
Premium Member
7,029 Posts
That's how my base spare tire cover works, no latch, just the elastic holding it on. Went thru a carwash yesterday and the brushes pulled the top of the cover away from the tire. Didn't notice it until I got home! :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
woody said:
Is this latch (or lock) only on the LImited models, because my base has none. --snip- So I assume I simply pull the cover off to access the spare?
Yes.. for the US market... only the Limited has the cover with the latch. Base and Sport models just "pull off".

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
karrock said:
And instead of having a hasp for a lock to dangle off of, the latch is so large that the rear door must be open for it to release. 8)
I always thought that dangling lock situation was odd on the older model...glad they've corrected it though its a shame its only for limited models..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts