Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey what's up everybody. Since I'm almost due for new tires, I'm entertaining the idea of having my wheels replaced and I am wondering if 30.1" to 30.5" overall diameter wheels fit the spare tire area. I'm looking into possible tire size 255/70/16 even though I've read people have success with the 245/70/16 size for the spare.

Oh I forgot to mention, I do have the hard cover for the spare tire and plan not to use it if I get new wheels.

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue it you change to another bigger cover. Might block the view out the rear window a little.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Hey what's up everybody. Since I'm almost due for new tires, I'm entertaining the idea of having my wheels replaced and I am wondering if 30.1" to 30.5" overall diameter wheels fit the spare tire area. I'm looking into possible tire size 255/70/16 even though I've read people have success with the 245/70/16 size for the spare.

Oh I forgot to mention, I do have the hard cover for the spare tire and plan not to use it if I get new wheels.
I think the widest anyone has put on is 245 on their car which is the maximum without a lift. Just skip getting a new spare tire since you don't really need it that often.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the widest anyone has put on is 245 on their car which is the maximum without a lift. Just skip getting a new spare tire since you don't really need it that often.
I actually do use the spare during tire rotation, helps with making the tires last longer since there's a fifth wheel.

I'm considering the 255/55/18 k02 as my next set of tires but would like to make sure the diameter isn't too big for the back spare wheel area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts