Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Hard Shell type spare cover from the 4.3 model fit on the Tailgate of a 4.2 ?
I can get hold of a 4.3 for a good price however have no idea if it will fit on my 2002 4.2 !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where are you buying the cover from? Have you figured out the OEM colors? Most paint colors for the 4.2 don't match the 4.3 paint colors.
Can't you find one on Amazon or Ebay? They are not that expensive.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Note: this is from North American perspective.

It will fit as long as you do NOT buy the one that's for the Limited. That one comes in 2 parts: on side is bolted to the door and the hard cover clips into it. It it the better one and the most expensive one. Also the part that goes on the door might not be a direct fit on your RAV anyway.

The others come with Elastic only or Elastic + zipper combination. I prefer the latter.

Also, they come in 2 sizes. The ones that came with OEM 16" rims had the smaller covers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ! Yes it would appear that the back of the Shell that bolts to the Tailgate are not compatible. I wasn't too worried about the color as the Cover is black so wouldn't look out of place regardless of the vehicle.
I have a 5th Alloy Rim that I,m going to mount on the back without any cover. Think I'll have more chance keeping it maintained at correct pressure rather than hiding it in a shell and forgetting about it !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts