198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get a 7mm-8mm or 8.5mm Ignition wire set for my RAV4. :(

vicco27

Keep Rollin:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
It's too bad they are all so expensive... Even the stocks are a bit up there in price... :roll:

Has anyone tried VITEK Ultra Series Braided Wires???
Item #: 23-U4150
Product Make: TOYOTA TRUCKS
Product Model: RAV4
Model Year: 1996
Price/ea: $125.99

S

·
0 Posts
Well,

now don't I feel cheap. I got the top o' the line ones from NAPA, not doing bad. No numbers are known so don't try. I can tell you it feels better and accelerates better. Biggest advantage though is $$$. I think I paid around 70. All depends on how hardcore your setup really needs to be. I am sure the Nology has a lower resistance etc, but unless you are building a race engine, no reason the NAPA wires won't do too bad. (btw, the wires are actually manufactured by Beldin).

·
Registered
779 Posts
I paid $60 for my Densos (only 5 m.m.). You cannot beat stock wires. First time fit, soft wires, nice!

·
Registered
682 Posts
My mechanic mentioned to me once that the best plug wires for the RAV4 are the OEM Denso wires. And he's not a Toyota mechanic either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone know a source for Denso OEM wires? I called Denso & they only offer "aftermarket" wires to the public which are a little longer...They say for "OEM" you have to go through the Toyota dealer...Any thoughts?

·
Registered
779 Posts
To precisely answer your question, no. But my Denso wires bought from sparkplugs.com were an exact fit and the same size. I had to wait for them to get them in stock but they were nice. Expensive at 60 bucks though.

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
apache said:
Does anyone know a source for Denso OEM wires? I called Denso & they only offer "aftermarket" wires to the public which are a little longer...They say for "OEM" you have to go through the Toyota dealer...Any thoughts?
Check with performanceproducts.com they have nology wires for the 3SFE engine. Pricey, but they are the best.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I found this article: http://www.tprmag.com/issue/4/4_wires.shtml

They tested different wires on a 99 Civic SI:

Honda OEM
Accel - Accel 300+ ThunderSport Ferro-Spiral ...
Magnecor - Magnecor KV85 8.5mm Competition ...
Moroso - Moroso Blue Max Spiral Core Wire
MSD - MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Black Spark ...
NGK - NGK Power Cables
Vitek - Vitek Performance Ignition Wires

Seems MSD had the best performance and good fit.
NGK had the best fit and 2nd in performance.

I also found that you can buy MSD bulk wire and make your own:

$12.88 for 6'

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...SD-34039&N=400122+4294845085+115&autoview=sku

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still say Nology Hotwires are a farce. Their claims don't add up. I'm not saying they won't spark, but since I talked to mensajero, I compared resistance on one of my hand-built MSD wires to a Nology of the same length. The MSD had 50 ohms in 2', the Nology had nearly 400. He said the Nologys were also new. As for spark plug wire availability, Schuck's Auto Parts and their affiliates, when I checked, stocked two brands of 5mm direct fit spark plug wires. One brand was around $50, and the other around $60. NGK spark plug wires are on eBay all the time for between $40 and $50. I used to type in 1999 Toyota RAV 4 Performance Spark Plug Wires, or just spark plug wires, and they were always showing NGK. Hope some of this helps. Just don't buy MSD wires from Performance Partz.com. You'll likely get screwed. Been there, done that. :evil:

:cheers:

Vic vicco27.............Keep Rollin'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts