Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about changing the spark plugs on my 01 rav4. Any suggestions? Hows Bosch's platinum plug or E3 spark plugs? I got 30k on my rav4.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What is wrong with the original Iridium plug that RAVs come with? They have a life time of atleast 60000Km as per the instruction book. Has your RAV clocked up so much milage allready? Just curious.

M

·
0 Posts
stick with the one's Mr Toyota puts in, I am sure he knows more about spark plugs than we ever will............ :D

·
Registered
986 Posts
NGK/Denso Iridiums are the stock plugs in the newer (01+) Ravs.

·
Registered
682 Posts
the ones i got last for 100,000km as opposed to 60,000km as someone else said. not that i'd leave them in there that long without checking them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
HooH said:
I'm thinking about changing the spark plugs on my 01 RAV4. Any suggestions? Hows Bosch's platinum plug or E3 spark plugs? I got 30k on my RAV4.
the platinum plugs is a step down from the original iridiums that our RAV's came with. unless your plugs are worn or fouled up from maybe bad gas or driving a lot thru abnormal conditions, it would be a waste of money to replace them now. stick with Toyota's recommended maintenance schedules and OEM parts.

·
0 Posts
^^ yes. you should never step down from iridium spark plugs to a cheaper one. Iridium plugs are expensive because they last longer and they are much better compared to platinum plugs IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts