Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read there is a fuse for the stereo speakers. Does anyone know where this is and what the label is? I have no audio, the stereo comes on and the volume control work, just no sound. I do have teenagers who play it loud.
It is a 2007 RAV4 Sport and I see no JBL lables

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I checked the RAD1 fuse and it's good, I think the radio dies when it blows. The radio comes on, you can change modes, adjust treble, base, fades, vol, everything works, just not a bit of audio. That is what makes me wonder about this speaker fuse I heard about. I read somewhere that when there is component failures the vol control no longer works.

So I am thinking perhaps it is the speaker fuse.. I also read it was in the inside fuse box beside the hood latch, but I don't see anything that is labeled as that, perhaps it is one of the acc fuses? Which one? All others are pretty clearly named. Nothing to do with fuses.....

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I've never fuses just for speakers...sounds to me like something in the radio itself has tripped...your should pull the radio fuse and maybe it will reset...I have had that situation with other vehicles...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I would check all the fuses. I never heard of a speaker fuse and even aftermarket radios I owned never had one. One thing is double check the radio settings to rule out operator error.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
radio

I tried pulling the radio1 fuse, the 10amp, no luck. I checked everything and it is not a cockpit error. In fact I am more positive than ever the radio is working. I tuned across the FM band and the ST indicator comes on and off as you pass by strong stations.

I would love to know if there is an amp in this sucker, it's not a JBL branded system as best I can tell. But if there is an amp issue there would not be any output. I wonder if there is a fuse for the amp if it does exist. The manual is quite vague on these issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
All stereos have to have an amp to push sound to the speakers...jbl systems have an external amp and all others have an internal one built into the stereo so it is very possible that the internal amp is toast...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts