Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Speaker Fuse

24K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  finleygrace74 
#1 ·
I have read there is a fuse for the stereo speakers. Does anyone know where this is and what the label is? I have no audio, the stereo comes on and the volume control work, just no sound. I do have teenagers who play it loud.
It is a 2007 RAV4 Sport and I see no JBL lables

Thanks

Bill

#3 ·
Yes I checked the RAD1 fuse and it's good, I think the radio dies when it blows. The radio comes on, you can change modes, adjust treble, base, fades, vol, everything works, just not a bit of audio. That is what makes me wonder about this speaker fuse I heard about. I read somewhere that when there is component failures the vol control no longer works.

So I am thinking perhaps it is the speaker fuse.. I also read it was in the inside fuse box beside the hood latch, but I don't see anything that is labeled as that, perhaps it is one of the acc fuses? Which one? All others are pretty clearly named. Nothing to do with fuses.....

#6 ·
radio

I tried pulling the radio1 fuse, the 10amp, no luck. I checked everything and it is not a cockpit error. In fact I am more positive than ever the radio is working. I tuned across the FM band and the ST indicator comes on and off as you pass by strong stations.

I would love to know if there is an amp in this sucker, it's not a JBL branded system as best I can tell. But if there is an amp issue there would not be any output. I wonder if there is a fuse for the amp if it does exist. The manual is quite vague on these issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#12 ·
posting the fix - the speaker fix for my 2018 toyota forerunner was to replace the 30amp fuse in the engine fuse assembly. it was blown. this fixed my speakers. my jbl radio and nav was working (fuse 20 a rad1 controls radio and nav) I could not get any sound (speakers not working) with the blown 30a amp fuse. Radio and nav looked to be working and my phone would connect to it but I could not hear anything.

also - if you ever get p2118 error code (actuator from odb2) replace the 10a etcs fuse in the engine fuse assembly.