Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
machman said:
Yes, you will need them. If you have access to a jig saw and some mdf you can make them yourself. If not, these are a good solution. Otherwise your window may not go all the way down.
What is the difference in the front vs the rear speakers (other than the price).

Kenwood KAC8401 4 ch amp: $180
Kenwood KAC7201 2 ch amp: $200
Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 subwoofer: $200
Infinity 6000CS components front: $100
Infinity 6000CS components rear: $70
Lightning Audio .5 capacitor: $60
Ground splitter: $25
Power fuser/splitter: $45
Main power fuse: $30
Fuses: $20
Wire: $90
Total: $1,020

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, I bought them both off e-bay. The speakers for the front doors included the midwoofer, tweeter, and xover, while the speakers for the back doors only had the midwoofer. I only wanted them for rear fill so I simply run the rear channel high passed because they don't have their own xover, while I run the fronts full passed because they do have the xover.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was a very nice project. You did an excellent job. I think the 4 speakers would be about as far as I will go. I'm hoping the stock head will have enough juice to power them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
...it depends on how many watts RMS those speakers are. Most head units put out no more than 20 watts RMS. If your speakers can handle 90 watts RMS, they will sound flat and probably not as good as the stockers.

If you find that you're not happy with the sound once your done, an amp would easily solve your problem. It's really not that tough to do. You can get a decent amp and wiring on eBay for $100. That will power your front speakers at 60-90 watts RMS and you could continue to run your rear ones off your head unit. The rear speakers are only for fill anyway, so they don't really need extra power. You'd be surprised how much difference that little bit of amplification would make.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts