Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about ready to get myself an '06. I could have sworn I read somewhere that the '06 uses 6.5" speakers all around but then I check Crutchfield and they're recommending 5.25"......so which one is it???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?? I need to know if I should rip out my stereo system from the car I'm going to trade in and replace the stock speakers in the hope of reusing it in the RAV.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
afterglow said:
Anyone?? I need to know if I should rip out my stereo system from the car I'm going to trade in and replace the stock speakers in the hope of reusing it in the RAV.....[/quote

Snowdreams1080 has a good write-up on his aftermarket stereo install. Go check out his pics.

·
Registered
106 Posts
HI

I just did the install on my Oz 06 rav4. The speakers in there are moulded into a plastic mounting bracket which is riveted to the doors, both front and back. The size of the original speakers is really irelevant as you can't reuse the bracket anyway, when you see it, you'll understand why.
I made some 1/2" thick MDF cutouts and installed 4 6.5" pioneer speakers, 2 front and 2 back, and they fitted easily, ie: no cutting of the door panel or trim. The space in the door is huge, I reckon with a bit of panel work you could get a 6"x9" in there.
Plenty of depth so no problems with hitting the window.

I drilled the original front tweeters out of the brackets and reused the bracket. The rears were simply drilled through the door panel.

Speakers I used are here:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/car_entertainment/speakers/tsc1625/index.html

As per the previous post, there is an install post in this forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2006 and want to add some 6 1/2 size speakers... what speakers did you use? Your Pioneer link isn't showing the exact model of speakers.

HI

I just did the install on my Oz 06 rav4. The speakers in there are moulded into a plastic mounting bracket which is riveted to the doors, both front and back. The size of the original speakers is really irelevant as you can't reuse the bracket anyway, when you see it, you'll understand why.
I made some 1/2" thick MDF cutouts and installed 4 6.5" pioneer speakers, 2 front and 2 back, and they fitted easily, ie: no cutting of the door panel or trim. The space in the door is huge, I reckon with a bit of panel work you could get a 6"x9" in there.
Plenty of depth so no problems with hitting the window.

I drilled the original front tweeters out of the brackets and reused the bracket. The rears were simply drilled through the door panel.

Speakers I used are here:

Pioneer Australia: Car Entertainment: Audio, GPS, Navigation, Speakers, Subs, Team Pioneer - Pioneer - Car Entertainment

As per the previous post, there is an install post in this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts