Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If you still have the amp still disassembled, can you post a pic of those chips?

PS: On one of my Ford JBL amps I did replace the Ford labeled chips with the commercial bigger brothers, pin-compatible.
If you look up in the thread I posted pictures of the amp. It's not apart anymore.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not on the side with the actual amplifier chips. Oh well... the writing was anyway towards the bracket. Maybe one day I'll open mine to see.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Have you tried this yet? Did it work?
No, I didn't install the tweeters yet. My dad ended up deciding that he wants to replace the amplifier altogether instead of trying replacing the tweeters. So I just ordered me a used amplifier from ebay and will install that instead. I'll let you know if it will resolve the issue. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So just to close out my post: I was able to get an amplifier off Ebay. I bid on one for around $60 and got it! I replaced the amp and have not had any more issues. I appreciate everyones input! I learned alot and it ended with success! Thank you!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Awesome!
Can you please open now the bad one and take a pic of the actual amplifier chips? That's the side that is screwed on the heat sink that I have marked in the pic above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Awesome!
Can you please open now the bad one and take a pic of the actual amplifier chips? That's the side that is screwed on the heat sink that I have marked in the pic above.
Dag, I am sorry I did this a couple weeks ago and threw the old amp away. Just now getting around to posting.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Same here. After we replaced the amp, there were no more issues. Thanks

21 - 30 of 30 Posts