Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to forum, so not sure if I have posted my question in the right section.
I have 2001 RAV4, 2.0 petrol, 5 speed manual.

Last spring I have installed a Parrot MKi9000: a Music Carkit.
The RAV is equipped with the stock double din radio with cd-player, so I needed to use a so called ISO2CAR cable, which placed the Parrot neatly in between the radio and the speakers.
So music is playing from the Parrot, without the use of the radio.

However, lately, the sound from the speakers is intermittent, wither it plays the from the radio or the parrot.
Mainly it comes down to sound coming from the righthand speaker only.
Yesterday I experienced only sound from the rear door speakers.
I also noticed it is prone to the environment temperature: if it is a good 25 degrees Celsius outside, all speakers seem the work normally.
Also sometimes when I a go over a bumper or corner fast all speakers work for a short moment.

Also radio reception has deteriorated greatly.

To mount the Parrot, I had to remove the radio of course.
But only disconnecting the radio and refitting it with 'extra' wiring would not cause cable fractures I guess ?

Regards,
Martijn

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a very similar issue. My radio however is fully stock. What started as the speakers intermittently going very quiet (as if an amplifier was not working), to now being in that condition at all times. Pulled the radio unit and check for loose connections. Pulled one door panel to check for loose connection to the speakers. Still same problem. I think that it may be the head unit itself as the speakers probably wouldnt work intermittently if they were blown. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. This forum has been a huge help for me in my 7 years owning a RAV, this is the first issue i have not been able to find and answer to just using the search feature. Thanks

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I have a very similar issue. My radio however is fully stock. What started as the speakers intermittently going very quiet (as if an amplifier was not working), to now being in that condition at all times. Pulled the radio unit and check for loose connections. Pulled one door panel to check for loose connection to the speakers. Still same problem. I think that it may be the head unit itself as the speakers probably wouldnt work intermittently if they were blown. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. This forum has been a huge help for me in my 7 years owning a RAV, this is the first issue i have not been able to find and answer to just using the search feature. Thanks
What year is your RAV? Do you have the JBL audio system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry I should have mentioned my rav is an 04 sport. As far as the audio system it is listed on my window sticker as deluxe am/fm/cass/cr audio w/ 6 speakers. Thanks for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts