Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kelly,
Do you install spoilers at the port? In Florida these are port installed options. I purchased a spoiler and want to install it myself. How do I get the plastic door panels out around the upper rear window without cracking them and do they pop right back in afterwords? Please let me know if you have any info on this. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
I used to install spoilers.... years ago.... mainly on Camrys... before the RAV was around. We do have a few RAVers here on the forums who have undertaken this job. If none of them reply within a few days... bump this message up and I'll talk to some of the RAV4 spoiler installers in our shop for some tips. FWIW... my brother-in-law just transferred back into the PIO shop that does these installs :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem...

Open the covers by prying the 3rd brakelight cover from bottom outwards (If you standing behind the door and facing the cover, pull from the bottom towards you). Then u can pull out the 'L' shaped covers at both sides easily. U can then see there's 2 holes directly below the location where u will need to drill the holes for the spoilers to fit (You are getting the OE spoiler aint?)

These covers are secured back with just a pop for the clips to snap back in place. as long as u aim correctly and align the clips with the holes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts