Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Nice!

That's the one I want! I was in Lethbridge last week and took a look at one just like yours - nice... If you don't mind me asking - where did you pick it up and did you get any kind of deal? I live in Medicine Hat but would be willing to go elsewhere for a deal. And once again - NICE!

J

·
0 Posts
Question: on your album you have what appears to be a custom soft-cover for your spare (with the Rav logo).

Did that come with the car or did you do that after?

S

·
0 Posts
On Canadian Sport models a soft black cover with the letters 'RAV4' is standard, only the Limited versions get the hard cover that is matched with the body colour.

I'm actually looking to get a white hard cover for my white sport model, because I think the soft cover looks terrible.

I'll trade with someone if they like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My experience

I got the Rav4 at Heninger Toyota in Calgary. It was an enjoyable process. I have bought 3 new vehicles from dealers since 2000, and I would go back tomorrow to Heninger to buy another. We traded in 2 cars, so it is hard to compare what type of deal anyone else would get. But I have to say I am 100% satisfied. But I did get $500 off MSRP (which they aren't supposed to on the TJ or the Rav4).

The first evening we went in it was busy in the show room. I have never been to a Toyota dealership before, so I was a bit surprised… from my past experience it seems all the sales people are just sitting around doing nothing… but not here. In fact when we go there, after 5 minutes the sales manager approached us and apologized for us having to wait and he was off to fine someone to help us. And he did. Diane was very enjoyable to deal with. Needless to say, after a 24 hour test drive (in the one we wanted, and with only 4 Km on it when we got in it), and 3 days, we were driving home in our baby. Acutally on our pick up day, our sales lady Diane deliverd 3 Rav4s herself! These things are popular, and for good reason.

Yes, the soft cover comes with the sport models here in Canada. I also got the wheel locks thrown in. I have heard some people complain about the sensitivity of the gas pedal. I think that is just because of the 246 lg.ft of torque… what else do you expect?!? Also, if anyone was ‘concerned’ about the sports suspension and having kids in the back, I would say it is not an issue.

There are so many thing I can list off about what I love about the Rav4. So far there is only one. The cup holders are a bit awkward. It is great that they are huge, but that little flap that is supposed to make smaller cups work in it, doesn’t seem to help. In our house we have about 8 coffee mugs, after trying about 4 of them (and having some coffee spill), so far only one works.

Can’t wait till 1600km to really see what it can really do.
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts