Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. Just found this awesome site. I am looking to buy a new rav. I had one 8 yrs ago, moved into a highlander, and now am thinking of going back to the rav. I am looking at the sport model. The sticker price of this was 26,314. So far, the dealer has come down to 25,000.. which I think is still way to high. He was giving me crap about there being no deals right now, they are in HIGH demand, etc, and the prices may actually go up in the spring????? How do I find out the dealer invoice for this vehicle? I have no trade as my lease is up in 5 months. is it best to wait till june???? Has anyone purchased a sport model?? What did you pay?? How do I talk the guy down? ANy info is greatly appreciated!!!

K

·
0 Posts
That's not a bad price. But there's more than price to consider. I just picked up my Sport from the dealer last night. I had emailed all local dealers, giving them a quote I already had. That quote, though was from a dealer in Maryland, 4 hours away. Many of the dealers replied that they could not beat that price ($24,890). MSRP is $26,319. I know many around here will only sell them at MSRP and even at that can not keep the Rav in stock. I did receive an email from a local dealer who beat the quote by $100. Yet when I went in to talk numbers their lease payment was rediculously high. I ended up getting it from the dealer where I first test drove it. My MSRP was $26,319. Sale price of the Rav was $25,319. However, I had a trade and that's where they got me to the price I wanted. They originally offered me $3000 for my 2000 Dode Neon. Next offer was $3200. In the end, they gave me $3800 for it. So if I take off the extra $600 they put on my trade, the sale price of the Rav would be $24,719.

For finding out invoice price, you can try different car sites. I recommend and use Edmunds.com.

·
Registered
654 Posts
wcu98 said:
How do I find out the dealer invoice for this vehicle? I have no trade as my lease is up in 5 months. is it best to wait till june???? Has anyone purchased a sport model?? What did you pay?? How do I talk the guy down? ANy info is greatly appreciated!!!
Welcome to the forum! Do a few searches in the 4.3 General area and you'll see some prices. Off the top of my head, etop and I have the Sport model and I think 2 other people.

Check out cars.com or edmunds.com to get invoice prices (they're the same on both sites). You'll also find some discussions here about negotiating prices.

E

·
0 Posts
wcu98 said:
hi everyone. Just found this awesome site. I am looking to buy a new RAV. I had one 8 yrs ago, moved into a highlander, and now am thinking of going back to the RAV. I am looking at the sport model. The sticker price of this was 26,314. So far, the dealer has come down to 25,000.. which I think is still way to high. He was giving me crap about there being no deals right now, they are in HIGH demand, etc, and the prices may actually go up in the spring????? How do I find out the dealer invoice for this vehicle? I have no trade as my lease is up in 5 months. is it best to wait till june???? Has anyone purchased a sport model?? What did you pay?? How do I talk the guy down? ANy info is greatly appreciated!!!
The MSRP for my Sport was 26,314 also. I didn't haggle about that because I was dealing from my trade in value. I was offered 8500 from Sloan in Devon, PA and finally got 11300 at my local dealer for an 01 Rav with 80K. I didn't have to bargin either. That was there 1st offer and I took it. No financing probably helped also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts