Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I asked this before, but have not seen an answer or any other comments regarding this subject. Any help, ideas, links would be most appreciated.

I have a 2005 Sport model with titanium with grey interior. I love my RAV, but some other folks don’t seem to respect it as much as I, My father (86) managed to tear up the skin on his arm in the back seat and got blood on my upholstery. I used Shout wipes to remove most of that, but there are still some signs of it on the fabric.

1) does anyone have any suggestions for removing the stains

2) anyone with any experience in applying a coat of Scotchgard or some other protection to the fabric on the RAV.

I know the fabric panels on the doors are spotted from rain, just getting in and out of the vehicle, any method to remove those marks and protect from future ones?

This seems to be a major design flaw in the Sport package to me. Your thoughts?

Ken

·
Registered
986 Posts
Over the years I've tried many different products for removing various stains from various materials. I've found that one of the best multi-use cleaners is a spray bottle filled with water and laundry detergent. Laundry detergent works well with organic stains and most grease/dirt/liquids.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For Blood use Hydrogen Peroxide, it's one of the best ways I know to get blood stains out of anything. This works best on fresh stains but old stains should come out too.

Wet a rag with hydrogen Peroxide and dab the stain, if the stain is deep you can put some right on the stain and it should bubble out.

Coourse test on a hidden piece of cloth first as you should with any cleaner.

God my mom would be so proud of me!

·
Registered
685 Posts
When my Chili was less than a month old, my mother (84) put a bag containing chinese food on the back seat, only trouble was the plastic clamshell it was in, was on end and the greasy juice leaked out. Took it to a detail shop but what they used didn't get it out. A dry cleaning shop suggested Servicemaster. They do upholestry and house cleaning after fires, floods, etc. Dropped the particular back seat off to them and picked it up the next day and the stain was gone.........for $25 Cdn I was more than pleased :D :D :D
I bought Scotch Guard afterward, just haven't got it on. This week!!!!

I hate seat covers!!!!.....I didn't use them when the kids were small, and I won't now. They ate a lot of ice cream outside the car though...... :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts