Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new car and the Rav4 is high on my list. I have read about Entune and honestly, I think I would be OK never using it, but not sure if it is required for the following.

So if anyone uses Spotify please let me know how this works.

Basically all I want to do is use Spotify via bluetooth or Aux port.

Can I do this without using that entune stuff?

Questions if Bluetooth/Aux Connected:
- Can I control the tracks via the steering wheel controls.
- Does the display show the track and album art? (Assuming if plugged via AUX it will not show this.

Phone Stuff Connected Via Bluetooth only (not entune)
- Can I see text messages.
- Can I answer the phone from the steering wheel controls.
- Can I use the voice thing to call people.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Can't help with Spotify, but to my knowledge there's no Bluetooth connectivity without Entune, but all new Rav4s come with some form of Entune. You can check to see what phone features will work with your phone and carrier at Entune Connect

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Premium JBL audio package and use Spotify via Bluetooth. I don't use Entune. Never tried AUX. It displays song info with album cover art. You can control tracks and volume with the steering controls.

You can have text messages read to you.
You can answer and end phone calls with the steering controls.
You can use voice recognition to make phone calls as well as a bunch of other stuff too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
To answer your inquiry and like others have stated your car will be linked to some sort of entune. To control steering wheel to phone you will need to be paired with BT or USB

On the base model SE when you plug in via USB you do not get album artwork and music title; you only get album artwork

When plugged via BT you get music title and no album artwork

Higher end RAV4 se / limited with JBL/ entune nav you get the works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts