Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a rav4 that appears to be local to me. Last night it drove by and made a noise that appeared to be a blow of valve. Today I confirmed it is in fact turbocharged. I have yet to talk to the owner but here is a photo of the wheels he is running. Will hopefully get in touch with the owner and get updates for everyone here.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a 97 RAV4.1. I'd like to have a look at his engine. Track him down. :D Better yet, invite him to the forum. :thumbs_up:
I will do so. Still looking for him. He seems to be pretty good with vehicles. Has a rb25 swapped s13.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's kinda creepy but I found where he lives. I shall intercept at a better hour.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i need to keep the engine mostly stock, for reliability and mileage purposes, but its still gonna be nuts haha double the hp at least
> Engine swap
> Stock
> MFW :serious

·
Registered
79 Posts
> Engine swap
> Stock
> MFW :serious
okay to clarify, im doing an engine swap because i drive a lot everyday and this rav4 is so hopelessly gutless its ridiculous. i want it to have some decent power, but i want that power to be somewhat reliable, so swapping in a stock 3sgte will keep the engine somewhat reliable, vs swapping in a 3sgte and then doing cams, turbo, fuel management system, psychotic tune, etc etc.

basically i want a rav4 that is also a stock gt4.

·
Registered
40 Posts
okay to clarify, im doing an engine swap because i drive a lot everyday and this rav4 is so hopelessly gutless its ridiculous. i want it to have some decent power, but i want that power to be somewhat reliable, so swapping in a stock 3sgte will keep the engine somewhat reliable, vs swapping in a 3sgte and then doing cams, turbo, fuel management system, psychotic tune, etc etc.

basically i want a rav4 that is also a stock gt4.

I can see why. I loved my GT4. The 3S-GTE is such a rad engine. I get what you're saying about keeping the reliability, but I'd open up the exhaust and intake and wind up the boost just a little, but that's just me. I can't help myself :laugh

Also: Bonus points if you keep the top-mount and customise a GT4 hood for your Rav. Pic related

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
i plan to build an intake similar to the one i have now, opened up more for the turbo engine of course, and id like to do 2.5" exhaust, a header possibly and cams eventually (because sportbike rpms lol) id also like to build a good bypass anti-lag system (not a 2-step, which everyone calls "anti lag" but an actual fuel fed turbo bypass system) but i need to keep my mod addictions in check this time haha.

fun fact, i have cut a heat vent in the hood of my rav4 as is, but i will be keeping the top mount IC and cutting another giant hole LOL.

my hood currently:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can't see pics :(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts