Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this problem on my 2001 Honda CRV. They took the seat off on that vehcile & applied foam where it could rub against metal or hard material. They also indicated that the springs were old. The CRV was less than 5 years old! The problem was never fully rectified & I just gave up. I traded in that vehcile for the RAV last week.

I couldn't believe it when I noticed a sqeak on my drivers seat of the Rav. :roll:
I have had the vehcile 1 week & started noticing some sqeaks a few days ago. At first I thought it was when I sat down or put pressure on the bottom with my hand, but today as I was leaning back, it is coming from the back left side.

I hope I didn't get a lemmon!

I think all the service department can do is the same type of application that was done on my CRV.

I will bring it back to the dealer this week.
I will update what happens.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When the mechanic spoke to me this afternoon, he indicated that he was lubricating something in the seat, however the work order indiates they found the metal brace in the drivers seat rubbing on the frame & re positioned the metal brace.

Hopefully this rectifies the problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Glad to hear your problem was solved, and in such quick order... Shouldn't think of a little seat squeak as a "lemon" offense, though! :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flyingn said:
if it comes back do not be afraid to ask for a new seat. :) I got one due to my reclining issue..
that worked out well, eh? :)

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
my new seat? No way. Its exactly same as the old one lol

spwolfx said:
flyingn said:
if it comes back do not be afraid to ask for a new seat. :) I got one due to my reclining issue..
that worked out well, eh? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts