Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Squeaky and Creaky Groaning from front nearside wheel area !

6K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Bogatyr 
#1 ·
Hi, can anyone help?
When slowing down or just driving slowly, my lovely Rav has developed first a sqeaking noise, particularly going round corners.
More recently this has become a more worrying groan or creak.
It isn't an engine noise and isn't related to using the brake or clutch.
My local garage couldn't find a fault and suggested a "dry nut" but I have become anxious that there is something seriously wrong.
I now intend taking it to a main dealer but would be grateful for any ideas anyone may have as to the cause.
Many Thanks.

#2 ·
If the noise is constant, particularly when going around a corner, it could be the CV joints on the drive axle. It could also be a wheel bearing that needs to be replaced.

G
#6 ·
Our RAV makes a bit of shock noise, not sure if this is the same thing you all are experiencing. Try pushing down hard on each corner of the vehicle and see if you can replicate it.

As Jeff mentioned, could be a CV or wheel bearing. I'd also inspect your suspension bushings, steering linkage and engine mounts. All of these rubber bits can become suspect after 9 years...

Bogatyr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.