Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it has been a while (quite a few fun adventures too), and my car is currently in the shop, hopefully to be picked up today. i wanted them to check out the brakes, and they were asking way too much for me to consider it.

anyways, since i got the car a year ago, the brakes have always been squeaky. in talking with the previous owner, that was his experience as well. it got new pads and rotors back in october, and 2 weeks after that they were squeaking again. i am thinking it is a caliper issue, but has anyone else dealt with this? any ideas of what to look for? i don't mind the squeaking, i am just moving off to college in less than a month and i want my rav to be as pristine as possible

·
Registered
62 Posts
Squeaky when you brake, like typical brake squeal or the squeaks when you depress pedal (even when stopped).

I have the latter, and am I trying to figure out what is going on. All brakes have been serviced in the last 3 months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the former, squeals only when the pedal is partially depressed, quiet when fully depressed using threshold braking (no abs)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts