Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. When going over bumps and such, there is a loud squeak coming from the interior. It also started when I started driving the car. When my girlfriend drove it, it was never there. When I sit in the driver's seat, it begins squeaking. Now, she is about 110lbs. I'm more in the 220lbs range. I've sprayed the rails inder the seat where the support springs loop into and it helps for a short time, but eventually comes back. Anyone have an idea how to fix this? No lose weight solutions please...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know this is a VERY old post but I was googling 'seat squeak rav4' and this came up; there is a scion/toyota TSB discussing an approach to quiet a front seat squeak (TSB #NV004-06); I think I will show it to my dealership to see if it can be applied to my back seat squeak.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squeaky seats

I had the exact same thing in my 1995 Rav4 four door wagon. The drivers seat squeaked like crazy when I was in it, but when my wife drove it hardly squeaked at all. I finally tracked it down to a loose bolt holding the seat's slide rail to the floor. I hit it a few turns with the socket set and hey presto - no more squeaks!!! Until I found the loose nut I had used half a can of RP7 on the rails trying to stop the noise. At least the seat slid smoothly after that anyway!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts