Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just purchased a used 2011 RAV4 Limited and noticed a rear cabin squeak noise when traveling over less than smooth roads - lubricated rear gate hinges and hydrated rear gate weather stripping to no avail - perhaps it is coming from the spare tire mount - anyone else have this experience?

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Welcome! Was the rear door latch also lubricated? Also perhaps check to make certain that the bolts which secure the spare to tits bracket are tight. Possibly but probably less likely if the noise actually is a squeak it may be coming from the tool kit in the lower right compartment just ahead of the rear door but behind the inside fender well. If it is none of those, some members have had a friend or family member sit inside the rear cargo area while the vehicle is being driven to try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Good luck - that sort of noise can be rather irritating!

·
Registered
171 Posts
there is a metal loop that the door closes on. its shaped like the letter U.

wrap that with a little electrical tape.

fixed mine with the same issue. it was driving me crazy. lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ravster6

Are you referring to the back door that holds the spare? Thought maybe the spare tire rubbing against the hard cover was also suspect.

·
Registered
171 Posts
no. actually the latch clasp that the rear door closes on. on the left hand side when the door is opened. i put tape around that as someone else mentioned on a different forum and it solved the noise for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ravsterv6 for the feedback - tried it with a small piece of Gorilla tape on the latch clasp and worked like a charm.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Thanks for the update - inexpensive fix!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts