Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had my local shop do this up for me. I highly recommend this to anyone who has a aftermarket intake! Seems to keep a lot of the heat out! Let me know if anyone has questions. Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really haven't noticed much of a difference, it does feel like it can breath better. I think it grabs colder air better!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And thank you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed but this setup has been proven to allow more airflow as several people here have same setup. This was just a idea for those having issue with heat soaking on this setup.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Doesn't the stock air box draw air from behind the grill? Hard to imagine that the set up pictured would draw cooler air, maybe more air but cooler?? There does not appear to be any kind of duct to the front?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am happy with the setup. Better than stock form for sure in Mpgs and all around power. I am looking to get some dyno time when I move to Chicago. Will post results if anyone is interested.

And the stock airbox may or not be colder but I was more looking for colder air than just with the intake. I was having heat soak issue with engine heat going everywhere. It receives air from same location as stock. Didn't change any of the plumbing lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.