Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yup same one that toyota is offering for $63. I'll tell you tomorrow how it looks that's when I'm picking up my BRAND NEW V6 Limited.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just bought a Nikon digital camera just for that purpose. Hope it not too confusing to load the pics to this site. If I can fly a Buff (B-52) I guess I can load the pics. :wall

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not EXACTLY the same one. The exhaust tip on my Rav is completely round, cylinder sharpe. Although the one in the link is a bit more stylish, it appears those are for the exhaust pipes that are straight out below the bumper. The tip in the link wouldn't look right on the 06 Rav. FYI

·
Registered
240 Posts
flyingn said:
They look nice. I would like to see one on a car. Yes the 6 and 4 have the same exhaust pipe in the back..
I'd double check that to be certain.

I was following a I4 RAV the other day and the exhaust piping looked smaller than the wife's V6.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Got one G-Man just gotta figure out how to load the pics to the sight. The tip is really really round, looks Ok Just a little bit tacky.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mhgsx said:
flyingn said:
They look nice. I would like to see one on a car. Yes the 6 and 4 have the same exhaust pipe in the back..
I'd double check that to be certain.

I was following a I4 RAV the other day and the exhaust piping looked smaller than the wife's V6.
ok... is this true? ... just trying to get the facts :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not to muddy the waters or anything, the V6 on the Highlander is the straight pipe below the bumper. The one in the link mentioned is really for that design. The one I have is completely cylindrical, of course because the bend in the pipe just below the rear quarter panel. I got pics I just having a b..... of a time loading them to this site. No doubt it's operator error. The 12 year old neighbor kid is a whiz, I'll have to talk to him about it he could fix it in a NY minute. Sorry I can't show you one. :lol:

·
Registered
240 Posts
flyingn said:
same size exhaust pipe on 4 and 6
Flyingn:

Would you mind calipering the exhaust piping on your I4 to compare? I'll do the same on our V6.

How about these points:

1) between the first resonator and muffler

2) between the muffler and rear exhaust flange

3) after the rear resonator.

I'm kinda hoping that it is the same size, since most OEMs usually go cheap when it comes to the exhaust. I was looking again underneath today and it looks like most of the bends are close to mandrel; they don't really neck down that bad. It also looks like 2 1/4" tubing.

I think I'm gonna go with 2 1/2" tubing w/ a Magnaflow or Walker Ultraflo 24" muffler. Not sure what I'm going to do about the resonators. If it's too loud, I'll add an extra bullet muffler. It's gonna be tricky with the rear section since it snakes all over the place.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts